SPPS update and download

  • Jeffrey D. Mankin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      Hey Everyone,

      Time for some updates, a new show plus a whole bunch more. This is
      probably the most we have ever put together on a single artist. We have be=
      en
      given some wonderful material to share and expand the truly educational
      aspect of SPPS. Please remember how lucky we all are to have access to
      this wonderful added material. Please support the artists by purchasing th=
      eir
      commercial products. and attending concerts and festivals.

      Raffle update, the first raffle ends at 12 noon 4/1/2004 for 5 signed Yonde=
      Mountain String Band Cds. There are 23 entries so everyone has a good
      shot. Look for another raffle next week for some other great stuff.

      Money update, as of today Steam Powered Preservation Society has raised
      $9376.73 towards our initial goal of $15,000. This is absolutly amazing an=
      we want to thank everyone of you who have given your support in so many
      ways.

      These next shows were seeded from the archive of Bob Miller.

      Doc Watson 3-3-1983 at the Great American Music Hall audience recording

      Doc Watson 8-19-1978 Mountain City, TN, Sbd recording

      these will be available at the SPPS website

      http://www.taperfriendly.com/spps

      Along with these recordings we have up for your enjoyment an article writte=
      by Joe Wilson was originally published in Muleskinner News in 1974.
      Reprinted by permission of the author and Muleskinner News Magazine. ©
      June 1974. All rights reserved.

      and

      A review by Joe Ross of Doc Watson's latest CD, check out the article to se=
      where Doc had been, then read Joe's review to see where Doc is now. Then
      go out and purchase Doc's latest CD.

      We truly hope that you cherish this project in full, and absolutly learn ab=
      out
      this great artist. We appreciate everyone's support throughout this portio=
      n of
      the project. We are so close we can feel it and there are many wonderful
      things coming in the very near future. From all of the SPPS board members =

      thank you for your continued support!!

      Jeffrey D. Mankin
      SPPS Board
      Bluegrass, teach your children well