best list

  • Sueellen Ebertz
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hi Mark, here it is!

      1. Best group/artist.

      2. Second best.

      3. Third best.

      4. Worst group/artist (can we be honest here?)

      5. Best "new" discovery

      6. Most entertaining show.

      7. Biggest complaint.

      8. Suggestion for next year.

      Hi Mark, I hope I don't get "booted" for my opinion, which is all it
      is..just an opinion.

      1. Hot Rize
      2. IIIrd Time Out
      3. Larry Cordle or Seldom Scene (toss up, ugh)
      4. Sam Bush show on Friday night in Convention Center, the worst!!!
      (left after 3rd song, if you can call it song)
      5. Jake on mandolin, maybe not so "new" now...Annalise stage
      presence (in Barefoot Bluegrass), another Loretta Lynn?
      6. Seldom Scene closing show Sunday/Marley's Ghost Convention
      Center on Sunday toss up
      7. Biggest complaint was Sam Bush's big "two hour" show..totally
      without content, IMHO
      8. Put someone else in for "big two hour show"!!!! NO more Sam
      Bush, PLEASE, although I heard his show at the church was good..go
      figure!

      Sorry I missed Kathy Kallick and Kenny and Amanda Smith..

      We loved volunteering!

      Sueellen Ebertz

    • Kathy Boyd
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        1. Best group/artist.
        Darrell Scott and John Cowan

        2. Second best.
        Marley's Ghost

        3. Third best.
        Cross-eyed Rosie! (The find of the festival!)

        4. Worst group/artist (can we be honest here?)
        Sam Bush not because of his loudness or music choice, but because he
        was rude to his audience.

        5. Best "new" discovery
        Cross-eyed Rosie. Great folks. Great talent. Watch this group!

        6. Most entertaining show.
        Hmmmmm. . . toss up with all those young groups. Too many picket
        fence groups among the bands that boasted middle aged members! The best
        show was actually one I watched from the balcony when Athena's "boys"
        discovered she was jamming with the boys from Oregon Thunder! <g>

        7. Biggest complaint.
        With all the choices Wintergrass offers, there really isn't ANYONE I
        want to listen to for 2 hours.

        8. Suggestion for next year.
        Keep up the good work!

        This was the most fun I remember ever having at Wintergrass. It was more
        laid back (okay, I was more laid back) and I really enjoyed getting to visit
        with (even briefly) so many people that I don't see very often.

        I confess, I never took my bass out of the case. Just to much to see and
        do.

        A special note of interest. . . when working in band services we noticed
        just how nice, appreciative, and personable the young band members were. I
        flat out told Zoe from Cross-Eyed Rosie that I would not have made the
        effort to come see them if they hadn't made such an impression on me when
        they checked in (I know, I sound like someone's grandma here). The contrast
        of a couple of middle-aged performers who were NOT HAPPY that we didn't
        recognize them was amazing.

        I do believe the future of our music is in good hands.

        Kathy B.
        Tualatlin, OR

        No Strings Attached web site www.nostringsbluegrass.com
        Ground Zero Sound & Promotions web site
        www.groundzerosound.com

        People will forget what you said,
        People will forget what you did,
        But people will never forget how you made them feel!

        One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � download MSN Toolbar now!