Mike Compton and David Long Concert and Workshop in Seattle

  • Pete Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
      Mike Compton and David Long Concert and Mandolin Workshop in Seattle

      > Bluegrass mandolin legend and Grammy Award nominee Mike Compton along with
      > mandolinist David Long announce their first West coast tour.
      >
      > Compton is well known for his work with John Hartford, the Nashville
      > Bluegrass Band and the Oh Brother Where Art Thou? Tour. Compton is also
      > known as the Monroe style authority. Long is an up and coming Pittsburgh,
      > Pennsylvania traditional stylist whose recent CD Midnight From Memphis
      > received rave reviews from Mandolin Magazine and Mandolin Quarterly. The
      two
      > recently completed work on a CD to be released in the near future.

      The concert will be:

      > Sunday, December 14th
      > Concert, 2:00 PM
      > Seattle, WA
      > Tractor Tavern
      > 206-789-3599
      >
      > They will be putting on a workshop for all levels of play from beginners
      > professionals. The workshop will be held at:
      >
      > 12/14/03 5:30 pm
      > Ballard Eagles Club
      > 5600-24TH NW
      > Seattle, WA

      Here's a link to my web site with all of our west coast info. My cell
      phone number is on the home page so I can take calls from anyone who has
      any questions about workshops/gig and such. Look forward to meeting you.

      http://www.bigevemusic.com

      David Long
      (412)953-7289
    • Dave Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
        Thanks Pete.

        -Dave
        > Mike Compton and David Long Concert and Mandolin Workshop in Seattle
        >
        > > Bluegrass mandolin legend and Grammy Award nominee Mike Compton along
        with
        > > mandolinist David Long announce their first West coast tour.
        > >
        > > Compton is well known for his work with John Hartford, the Nashville
        > > Bluegrass Band and the Oh Brother Where Art Thou? Tour. Compton is also
        > > known as the Monroe style authority. Long is an up and coming
        Pittsburgh,
        > > Pennsylvania traditional stylist whose recent CD Midnight From Memphis
        > > received rave reviews from Mandolin Magazine and Mandolin Quarterly. The
        > two
        > > recently completed work on a CD to be released in the near future.
        >
        > The concert will be:
        > >
        > > Sunday, December 14th
        > > Concert, 2:00 PM
        > > Seattle, WA
        > > Tractor Tavern
        > > 206-789-3599
        > >
        > > They will be putting on a workshop for all levels of play from beginners
        > > professionals. The workshop will be held at:
        > >
        > > 12/14/03 5:30 pm
        > > Ballard Eagles Club
        > > 5600-24TH NW
        > > Seattle, WA
        >
        > Here's a link to my web site with all of our west coast info. My cell
        > phone number is on the home page so I can take calls from anyone who has
        > any questions about workshops/gig and such. Look forward to meeting you.
        >
        > http://www.bigevemusic.com
        >
        > David Long
        > (412)953-7289

      • justflower
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
          these fellas' will also be appearing in portland on the day of dec.
          13th at mississippi studios for a workshop, then concert.
          they possibly, will show up at kboo 90.7fm for dave elliotts'
          bluegrass show (9am-noon) that same morning (possibly w/mandos in
          tow)---
          flower

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
            just wanted to add...