Bluegrass Birthdays

  • Ken Cartwright
    Message 1 of 1912 , Dec 2, 2003
      Bluegrass Birthdays for Tuesday December 2, 2003

      Pop Staples 1915, Winton Kelly 1921, Dexter Johnson 1948.

      Cartwright's Music Repair: Stayton Oregon.
      Everything bluegrass, Including gifts.
      Message 1912 of 1912 , Jan 20, 2010
        Mason,

        I agree. All my contracts state that we are independent contractors and are responsible for all taxes. I also describe the purchaser as "authorized representative" instead of "employer".

        To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
        From: mltrking2003@...
        Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:02 +0000
        Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

        I don't know about Wa. but in Oregon if you are an employer (as this contract states) you are liable for all income taxes, State unemployment taxes, FICA (SSI), medicare and, workmans comp. insurance! Myself, as a promoter,I would never sign this contract naming myself as an employer, you think ascap is bad........try going up against the government

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Shelah Spiegel <ifiddler@...> wrote:

        ---SNIP---