Re: [nwbluegrass] Re: volunteers (sorry...long)

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
      Joe, as a non-picker, just hang arounder at most of the festivals, I have
      already asked Clyde to make me a BGBW hat. (Blue Grass Band Wife). I
      personally would like a group of non participants like me to be formed,
      especially since it would be mostly women!!

      I know I heard some comments at an OBA meeting from some of the fans that
      they seem to be forgotten in the whole discussion about what make up our
      organization. I know we worked the booth at Wintergrass and it was nice to
      meet some folks that I have heard of and also pretty fun to try to get
      passers by to join the group.

      Clyde..Nicki..I need my hat..

      ----SNIP----
      >Glenn, your points got me (and my wife) thinking. Altho I keep
      >encouraging her to get her fiddle going again, Kathy has always felt
      >much like a "bluegrass widow" at festivals and jams. Wouldn't some
      >kind of organized "Bluegrass Widows Club" be an excellent source of
      >volunteers? I've heard that the Bluegrass Bo-Teek is already starting
      >production of bluegrass widow hats, right Nikki?
      >
      >How many spouses or other family members are out there that have felt
      >bored, neglected or ignored at bluegrass events? Wouldn't it be great
      >if we could tap into that wonderful source of volunteer effort? Come
      >up with a catchy acronym...How about "Spouses of Bluegrassers"? Or
      >better yet and perhaps more P.C. "Friends of Grassers"? These SOBs or
      >FOGs are a largely untapped and often unappreciated resource that we
      >all really need to nuture and get strong support from.
      >
      >I suspect that many spouses are just looking for more ways to get
      >involved and participate. If you're not a picker, I could see how a
      >festival or jam might tend to drag ON AND ON...despite the song that
      >suggests "I'll follow my darlin". Kathy even goes so far as to suggest
      >that such a club could organize games and other activities during
      >weekend festivals and long jams. Any other ideas?
      >
      >Pique on!
      >Joe

    • Nikki Clevenger
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003
        Mark sez~~>I have
        > already asked Clyde to make me a BGBW hat. (Blue Grass Band Wife).

        Nikki sez~~~~~~~> It might be awhile before we get any hats like
        that done, BUT the Bo-Teek does have an "I'ts Okay, I'm With The
        Band, " bumper sticker. Or we could make you a button, to hold you
        for now.

        Yours in pickage,

        Nikkage
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003
          Thanks Nikki..
          I do think Blue Grass Band Wife is better than Bluegrass Widow by the way.

          I'll wait for my hat.

          >From: "Nikki Clevenger" <NikkiYoung@...>
          --SNIP---
          > Mark sez~~>I have
          > > already asked Clyde to make me a BGBW hat. (Blue Grass Band Wife).
          >
          >Nikki sez~~~~~~~> It might be awhile before we get any hats like
          >that done, BUT the Bo-Teek does have an "I'ts Okay, I'm With The
          >Band, " bumper sticker. Or we could make you a button, to hold you
          >for now.
          >
          >Yours in pickage,
          >
          >Nikkage

          Help protect your PC: Get a free online virus scan at McAfee.com.