Re: Panhandle Rag

  • Jim Rooks
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 4 10:01 AM
      --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Gensman" <GZsound@h...>
      wrote:
      > I always thought "A" was just for Canadian songs..
      >
      > Mark Gensman
      > Ground Zero Sound

      Hank Snow is a Canadian.

    • Anna Snook
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 4 11:37 AM
        Then isn't 'C' the Spanish/Mexican key? ;)

        > I always thought "A" was just for Canadian songs..
        >
        > Mark Gensman
        > Ground Zero Sound

        Hank Snow is a Canadian.

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • mandoholic2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 4 12:37 PM
          In a message dated 8/4/2003 10:02:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
          jrooks@... writes:

          > Hank Snow is a Canadian.

          Clyde is full blooded half Canadian.

          Clyde Clevenger
          Just my opinion, but it's right.
          Visit our website at <A HREF="www.bluegrassboutique.com">www.bluegrassboutique.com</A>

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 4 11:24 PM
            >From: "Jim Rooks" <jrooks@...>
            >To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Panhandle Rag
            >Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:01:21 -0000
            >
            >--- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Gensman" <GZsound@h...>
            >wrote:
            > > I always thought "A" was just for Canadian songs..
            > >
            > > Mark Gensman
            > > Ground Zero Sound
            > >

            >Hank Snow is a Canadian.

            Yellow snow is American.

          • Jim Rooks
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 5 9:52 AM

              > >Hank Snow is a Canadian.

              When I posted this, I was thinking that Hank recorded New Panhandle
              Rag. Sorry, it was Webb Pierce. My little gray cells are letting me
              down.

              > Yellow snow is American.
              > Mark Gensman
              > Ground Zero Sound

              But is the song lyric: Way up North where the ? ? go, you better not
              eat the yellow snow, set in Canada or Alaska?
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 5 11:50 PM
                -----SNIP---
                > > >Hank Snow is a Canadian.
                > >
                >When I posted this, I was thinking that Hank recorded New Panhandle
                >Rag. Sorry, it was Webb Pierce. My little gray cells are letting me
                >down.
                >
                > > Yellow snow is American.
                > > Mark Gensman
                > > Ground Zero Sound
                >
                >But is the song lyric: Way up North where the ? ? go, you better not
                >eat the yellow snow, set in Canada or Alaska?

                Has to be Alaska...yellow snow is American.

              • Sally Jane Wilson
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 6 7:36 AM
                  > >But is the song lyric: Way up North where the ? ? go, you better
                  not
                  > >eat the yellow snow, set in Canada or Alaska?

                  I believe the lyric is "wild huskies". I don't know about you, but to
                  me a husky is Alaskan. My dictionary says that a husky is a dog of
                  any of several breeds for pulling sleds in the arctic. The word
                  itself has Eskimo origins.

                  Also: The place where *I* heard that lyric is on one of my old
                  Mothers of Invention records. Yellow snow and little pumpkins will
                  forever be identified with the late, great Frank Zappa in my mind.
                  Mark, I think it's funny that a guy with a bumper sticker that
                  says "Liberals; the new Plague" would come up with a Zappa lyric.

                  Kinda ironic, actually...hehe

                  -Not So Inventive Mama Sal in Scio, OR
                • Jim Rooks
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 6 9:51 AM
                    --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Sally Jane Wilson"
                    <sallyjanem@h...> wrote:
                    > > >But is the song lyric: Way up North where the ? ? go, you
                    better
                    > not
                    > > >eat the yellow snow, set in Canada or Alaska?
                    >
                    > I believe the lyric is "wild huskies". I don't know about you, but
                    > me a husky is Alaskan. My dictionary says that a husky is a dog of
                    > any of several breeds for pulling sleds in the arctic. The word
                    > itself has Eskimo origins.
                    >
                    > Also: The place where *I* heard that lyric is on one of my old
                    > Mothers of Invention records. Yellow snow and little pumpkins will
                    > forever be identified with the late, great Frank Zappa in my mind.
                    > Mark, I think it's funny that a guy with a bumper sticker that
                    > says "Liberals; the new Plague" would come up with a Zappa lyric.
                    >
                    > Kinda ironic, actually...hehe
                    >

                    > -Not So Inventive Mama Sal in Scio, OR

                    Actually I wrote that in response to Mark's comment that yellow snow
                    was American. Was Zappa even of this planet? I have some memories
                    from Zappa music also.

                    BTW: My bimper sticker, if I had one, would be "Liberals: the last
                    great hope".
                  • Sally Jane Wilson
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 6 1:19 PM
                      Jim,

                      > Actually I wrote that in response to Mark's comment that yellow
                      snow
                      > was American. Was Zappa even of this planet? I have some memories
                      > from Zappa music also.

                      No, I believe Frank wasn't even from Mars, as most males are. It
                      would be just like Zappa to come from...Uranus. hehe

                      > BTW: My bimper sticker, if I had one, would be "Liberals: the last
                      > great hope".

                      hehe...

                      -Smilin' Sal the Scio Gal
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 6 11:51 PM
                        Actually, my taste in music and musicians is strictly non partisan. I like
                        it all.

                        And Zappa was a favorite of mine from the days when he first got started.
                        When he discovered the Synclavier he had finally found an instrument that
                        could keep up with his brain.

                        Ironic? I guess you don't remember the love filled discussions he had with
                        Tipper Gore.

                        Things aren't always what they seem..be careful what you label people...