Re: [nwbluegrass] 100 Worse country songs

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2003
      Now wait a minute..Proud Mary isn't and ain't a country song..no way, no
      how.

      I'll nominate "achy breaky heart" as the worst country song ever written,
      sung or performed..

      ----SNIP--
      >I don't know about you, but I thought the 100 best country songs list was a
      >joke, a bad joke. However, I say, when dealt lemons, make lemonade.
      >Let's build a list of the 100 worst country songs.
      >I'll start with Proud Mary!
      >Kenc

    • The Martins
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1 8:40 AM
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1 4:54 PM
          This is always one of my Favorite Topics!!!
          I would have to say the Altogether worst song off
          history.
          Is "I've never been to paradise" by Charlene its
          classified as country but like most country past the
          70's it's really pop and it is horrible. look it up on
          the internet and give it a listen you will roll around
          laughing.
          For Number 2 on the list it's a newcomer and many
          people might get offended by this but forget about the
          clever marketing of patriotism.
          But Daryll Worley's "Have you forgotten?" is a
          horrible stupid song.
          thats my two cents
          michael.

          http://sbc.yahoo.com