Peggy Moje

  • Joe Ross
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
      Ken asked, "Does anyone know what ever happened to Peggy (SP) Moshay?"

      My address book is a little dated, and I have addresses for Peggy
      Moje and Dick Bradley in Sonoma, Salem, Tualatin, Idaho Falls, and
      Nashville. I'll send you the most recent one off-list. They are good
      musicians and first formed a Cajun/Country band called "Kajolia" after
      moving to Oregon in the 70s. We did an electric bluegrass thing
      together for about a year or two in the early 80s, and she (and Larry
      White too) were a blast to play with.

      Check out:
      http://www.positivelyentertainment.com/features/june2000/santafe.html
      Did you know that Peggy played with Fay Benagni and Santa Fe? That
      would be Peggy in the front on the left. The band's mix of
      "traditional and modern country, southern rock, bluegrass, cajun and
      some old time rock and roll" sounds right up Peggy's alley.

      About Peggy, the website says:
      "Peggy Moje sings beautiful lead and harmony and adds acoustic guitar
      and her magic style of fiddle accompaniment to Santa Fe's
      arrangements. Moje has recorded on 11 different albums or singles,
      appeared on five different television shows, toured with an impressive
      list of show bands, including Larry Mahan's Ramblin'Rodeo Revue Band.
      She has done four USO tours to the Orient and was the opening act for
      an impressive list of concerts, including Guess Who, Lee Michaels,
      Bobby Sherman, Ozark Mountain Daredevils and Ronee Blakley."

      Hope this helps. Good job with that Adkins diet!
      Joe
    • clairell@aracnet.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
        Peggy Moje, a wonderful fiddler, great singer and an amazingly talented water
        color painter (don't you hate that! It doesn't seem fair that one person should
        have so much talent), lives in Tualatin. She has played with a number of
        country bands in recent years, but I'm not sure who she's playing with these
        days.

        Ken, your customer may remember her from the Salem band Cajolia (sp?), a
        Cajun/bluegrass/country band around 1980.

        Peggy has been a studio musician in Nashville and played on the soundtrack to
        the movie West World. And she's one of the nicest people you'd ever want to
        meet.

        She used to have a web site that carried cards made of her water colors (I
        haven't checked in a while). She specializes in painting flowers and portraits
        of kids. Very, very beautiful.

        Can you tell I'm a fan?

        c.

        Ken asked:

        Does anyone know what ever happened to Peggy (SP) Moshay? A customer came into
        the shop last week and asked about her. A fiddler I think. Kenc