Re: Bluegrass Birthdays

  • Sally Jane Wilson <sallyjanem@hotmail.co
    Message 1 of 1912 , Mar 1, 2003
      Ken,

      Today, March 1st, is also David Pugh's birthday. David plays mandolin
      with Jackstraw. I mean, David PLAYS mandolin with Jackstraw. Wow.

      Jim "Fester" Read was also born on this day in 1955 (a very good
      year!). Fester plays swing guitar and placed 9th at Winfield last
      year.

      -Secretarial Sal in Scio, OR
      Message 1912 of 1912 , Jan 20, 2010
        Mason,

        I agree. All my contracts state that we are independent contractors and are responsible for all taxes. I also describe the purchaser as "authorized representative" instead of "employer".

        To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
        From: mltrking2003@...
        Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:02 +0000
        Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

        I don't know about Wa. but in Oregon if you are an employer (as this contract states) you are liable for all income taxes, State unemployment taxes, FICA (SSI), medicare and, workmans comp. insurance! Myself, as a promoter,I would never sign this contract naming myself as an employer, you think ascap is bad........try going up against the government

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Shelah Spiegel <ifiddler@...> wrote:

        ---SNIP---