Re: strange ethics

  • Jes Wanderyn <meredith@epud.net>
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 31, 2003
      --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "tonyisdbest <bluegrasser@a...>"
      <bluegrasser@a...> wrote: Well, you've got me there, I live in the
      mid Willamette Valley, and don't need to know much about currency
      exchange rates. But I can't really see where the current rate or
      recent rates has much to do with Gensman's original post. Fact is, by
      his excitement alone, we're safe in assuming he wanted us to think
      him fortunate to have done so well on the exchange . . . being a poor
      musician and all.

      tk... let's not bring his musicianship into this; after all, he blows
      a pretty good sax (I think).

      Jes Wanderyn
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2003
        Jim, you may be right. If I remember it was not a huge difference like the
        50% we see now.

        Regardless, I certainly agree it was wrong to take advantage of the clerk.

        It is nice to hear how well behaved the bluegrass community is.

        Being from a rock and roll background I'm more used to cutthroat players,
        bands that will breach a contract at the drop of a pin, promoters that
        double book, and just a general "anything goes" attitude. It is refreshing
        to know the bluegrass community is made up of honorable folks free from such
        indiscretions.

        ----SNIP--

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2003
          tk, assume away. Jes..right on. Musical ability has nothing to do whatsoever
          with brains, morals, etc.

          I just love the multiple directions a simple stupid statement can take us.
          It's just too bad the simple stupid statements always seem to come from
          me...

          ---SNIP--->

        • tonyisdbest <bluegrasser@att.net>
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2003

            Jes Wanderyn said:

            >>tk... let's not bring his musicianship into this; after all, he
            blows a pretty good sax (I think).<<

            D'oh! Hey, I know what I meant. Now leave me alone!

            tk
          • tonyisdbest <bluegrasser@att.net>
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2003
              --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Gensman" <GZsound@h...>
              wrote:

              >>It is refreshing to know the bluegrass community is made up of
              honorable folks free from such indiscretions.<<

              Amen, brother!

              Now...gi' down on yo knees and pray!

              peace and love

              tk