Monroe's Mandolin

  • Ken Cartwright
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2001
      Good morning,,,I was privy to a great conversation recently and Ricky Skaggs mentioned on a PBS radio interview if he knew where Bill's Primary Mandolin was? since Mr.. Monroe's death, there has been a lot of speculation about where it was. His son James has had it! And he is going to put it up for auction soon! Now I remember on the Smithsonian video, Mr.. Bill was asked what he thought the mandolin was worth and he said the Smithsonian had offered him $40,000 for it. That was might generous wasn't it? So Bluegrass fans, how much do you think Ross Perot will bid on the mandolin? You know of course that Ross was one of Bills biggest fans. Mando Medic