52785RE: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

    Jan 20, 2010
      Mason,

      I agree. All my contracts state that we are independent contractors and are responsible for all taxes. I also describe the purchaser as "authorized representative" instead of "employer".

      To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
      From: mltrking2003@...
      Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:02 +0000
      Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

      I don't know about Wa. but in Oregon if you are an employer (as this contract states) you are liable for all income taxes, State unemployment taxes, FICA (SSI), medicare and, workmans comp. insurance! Myself, as a promoter,I would never sign this contract naming myself as an employer, you think ascap is bad........try going up against the government

      --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Shelah Spiegel <ifiddler@...> wrote:

      ---SNIP---