49559Pend Oreille Valley Bluegrass is NOT Cancelled

  • povfa
    Aug 1, 2009
      The Pend Oreille Valley Bluegrass Festival has moved from the county fairgrounds to the Newport City Park in Newport Washington, and is changing the name to the Newport Music Festival. Like a lot of other festivals that have had to cancel this year, our sponsors have backed out and been unable to financially support the event. But the festival will be held anyway, with support from bluegrass fans from around the northwest.

      We have a great lineup this year: Custers Grass Band, Heartbreak Pass, Stony River, The Panhandle Polecats, Molly and Tenbrooks, Down The Road, Abby and the Grasstones, Will Williams and Gravel Road, Wild Honey, and the Oldtown String Band will play on the main stage Friday through Sunday, Sept. 11-13th. Shows start at 10:00 am and go until dusk. Our EmCee this year, returning for the 3rd year, is George McKnight, from Kamloops, BC. Sound will be provided by Greg Jordan Sound.

      Dry Camping at the park is free this year (donations gratefully accepted), and is provided courtesy of the City of Newport.
      Newport is about 45 miles north of Spokane on Hwy 2.

      This festival is reknowned for it's great jamming...jammers can come as early as Monday the 7th and start pickin.

      There's a great variety of food lined up, with Frank Marmo's Kitchen, The Chamber of Commerce Burger Wagon, Eric Dolge and his Fest Sausage stand, The Freedom wagon, Aurora Borealis Shaved Ice, Papas Mini Donuts, and Ma and Pa Kettle Korn.

      The park is a great venue for a festival, and the mid-September weather is perfect. It does get a bit chilly when the sun goes down, so bring a sweater for the late night jams. Dogs are allowed in the camping area, but not in the festival area. The usual rules apply.

      To see the latest news and schedule, visit http://www.pvbluegrass.com
      Thanks, Jim Crowley, Festival Host