      From: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Bill Martin
      Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 2:57 AM
      To: NW Bluegrass
      Subject: Re: [nwbluegrass] ASCAP / BMI

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Chris" <chance@...>

      > .If the radio station has paid whatever they have to pay . and then the
      > stations is played in a public place .. ie. a bank teller line . then the
      > bank/public place would have to pay too. That doesn't make a whole lot of
      > sense to me.

      The radio station uses the music to sell advertising. The business uses that
      same music to sell a service. If they make money off the music then its only

      fair that the owners of the music get paid for its use. The problem is in
      ASCAP/BMI's 25 lb. meataxe approach.

      Bluegrass
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Bluegrass+music&w1=Bluegrass+music&c=1&
      s=21&.sig=LqYRn2bvGnI4PfSw_6dvdQ> music