Query regarding Microchip Port

  • Sachin Sharma
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      Hi All

      I was browsing through the net in search of and RTOS, I came across NuttX, It's impressive !
      Just like to know if there is a port available for Microchip controllers, or if anyone working on it.
      I would like to give it a try and demo it to my management.
      The device we use is dsPIC33FJ128GP804 which is a controller with DSP.

      Thanks
      Sachin

    • Gregory N
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
        > Just like to know if there is a port available for Microchip controllers, or
        > if anyone working on it.

        I have not done any Microchip ports and I am not aware of any other members of this Forum who are doing a Microchip port. I will probably do one when I run into an inexpensive, higher end PIC board on eBay.

        > The device we use is dsPIC33FJ128GP804 is a controller with DSP.

        Architecture 16-bit
        CPU Speed (MIPS) 40
        Memory Type Flash
        Program Memory (KB) 128
        RAM Bytes 16,384

        It looks like a good candidate for a NuttX port. I would prefer to see more RAM because NuttX manages a heap, but 128Kb FLASH and 16Kb RAM should be sufficient.

        Let me know if I can help you in any way.