Re: Netduino Plus 2 porting advice...

  • ziggurat29
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
      --- In nuttx@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory N" wrote:
      ...>

      > Yes, I fail in the same way if I come from the howtos. But it works fine if I come for documents, i.e., from here:
      >
      > http://nuttx.org/doku.php?id=documentation
      >
      > I don't understand docuwiki enough to know why.

      nor do I, I wonder if apache's (or whatever's) error.log might give a clue.
      -dave
    • savanyajozsi
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 8, 2013
        Hi Dave,

        i am interested how your project evolves?

        Thx
        Attila

        --- In nuttx@yahoogroups.com, "ziggurat29" <dev@...> wrote:

        > --- In nuttx@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory N" wrote:
        > ...>
        > >
        > > Yes, I fail in the same way if I come from the howtos. But it works
        > fine if I come for documents, i.e., from here:
        > >
        > > http://nuttx.org/doku.php?id=documentation
        > >
        > > I don't understand docuwiki enough to know why.
        >
        > nor do I, I wonder if apache's (or whatever's) error.log might give a
        > clue.
        > -dave

      • ziggurat29
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 8, 2013
          --- In nuttx@yahoogroups.com, "savanyajozsi" wrote:

          > Hi Dave,
          >
          > i am interested how your project evolves?
          >
          > Thx
          > Attila

          Quite well so far; at the moment I am catching up on my paid work, then I'll be back on it.  Here's what I have working thus far:

          *  OS functions correctly
          *  SD card functions correctly
          *  Ethernet functions correctly
          *  COM ports function correctly

          I wanted to get the on-board hardware working first, since it is fixed.  The next things on my list are to verify all the other on-chip hardware; user SPI, I2C,the various PWM, A/D, and the functional equivalent of InterruptPort.

          Aside from verifying these, it is important to me to be able to 'dynamically' load/unload/configure these pins/peripherals at runtime, in the user app, and be able to change that assignment as things run.  The reason is that, once I have completed the NuttX Netduino port (a NuttDuino?), then I intend to port NetMF as a NuttX app, and be able to run netmf in that CLR.  This should give me the fusion of RTOS and NetMF that I am ultimately going for.

          But regardless of that longer term goal, I'll release the Netduino Nuttx project to greg for potential inclusion in the source tree subject to his desires.  That way folks can play with something useful for their own porpoises while I subsequently try to get the netmf port working (which frankly could take me a while).

          I like to journal my projects, so I also am trying an experiment and blogging that journal (which I've never done, I'm such an Internet Luddite).  So you can also see daily progress on that at
          ziggurat29.wordpress.com

          Thanks for asking!

          -dave