Multiple NSH commands on one line

  • Meier Lorenz
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
      Hi,

      My educated guesses so far failed:

      ls; echo 2

      Fail

      ls && echo

      Fail

      Obviously this is the place where I should provide a patch - before doing so I however wanted to ask if anyone implemented this already.

      Thanks!

      -Lorenz
    • Gregory N
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
        Hi, Lorenz,

        > My educated guesses so far failed:
        >
        > ls; echo 2
        >
        > Fail
        >
        > ls && echo
        >
        > Fail
        >
        > Obviously this is the place where I should provide a patch - before doing so I however wanted to ask if anyone implemented this already.

        NSH only supports one command per line at present.

        The missing bash feature that gets me the most is the up-arrow. I wouldn't need the full history but I would love to be able to hit the up arrow and just have it recall the last command line and pre-load it into readline() for re-editing.

        Greg
      • Mike Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
          I have a port of Antirez' linenoise line editor kicking around. The big issue with all of these is the need for a terminal package of some sort to handle line wrap. I'll see if I can dig it out and bring it up to date...

          Sent from my iPad

          Hi, Lorenz,