Re: LPC1769 CAN port 2 issue

  • Kannan Mani
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
      Hi,

      I Try to find out what happening , I just do some changes in "defconfig " file for debugging

      CONFIG_DEBUG=y
      CONFIG_DEBUG_VERBOSE=y
      CONFIG_DEBUG_SYMBOLS=y
      CONFIG_DEBUG_CAN=y

      Then I try to  read  debug messages, from that I think , The  IRQ not registered properly for CAN2, So it wait for receiving  the send packets.
      Here I attached  Debug output.

      Thanks,
      M.Kannan.
    • Gregory N
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
        Hi,

        > I Try to find out what happening , I just do some changes in "defconfig " file for debugging
        >
        > CONFIG_DEBUG=y
        > CONFIG_DEBUG_VERBOSE=y
        > CONFIG_DEBUG_SYMBOLS=y
        >
        > CONFIG_DEBUG_CAN=y
        >
        > Then I try to  read  debug messages, from that I think , The  IRQ not registered properly for CAN2, So it wait for receiving  the send packets.
        > Here I attached  Debug output.

        That is some good information. I don't know why you are not getting any interrupts, however.

        You will need to review the code and register definitions and compare them with the specification. There must be something wrong either with the register definitions or with the way you are using it.

        I cannot remember if CAN2 was ever tested or not. I did not write the LPC17xx CAN driver (but I did work with it on one project).

        My understanding is that CAN1 and CAN2 share the same interrupt so I don't think that the interrupt control is the issue (although the user manual is confusing. It labels the interrupt as the CAN0/1 common interrupt. I assume that they meant CAN1/2 common interrupt).

        Have you tried enabling both CAN ports. Try adding

        CONFIG_LP17_CAN1=y

        but continue initializing only CAN2.

        Good luck,