Re: [nuttx] Re: OLED ug_2864hsweg01 driver problem....

  • Gong Darcy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
    hi Greg,
    The ug_2864hsweg01 ssd1306 driver is OK.

    The attachment is a patch.

    I was in SPIwire mode or 3 wire mode problem. Module configured by default is wire mode, routines code is also supporting. I noticed 3 wire mode does not need to consider A0 | D/C pins.

    I wonder how nuttx uses SPI 3 wire mode. I close the A0 | D/C function display abnormal ( module also set 4 wire mode, namely BS0:BS1:BS2 0:0:0 ).

    regards

    darcy

    2012/12/31 Gong Darcy <darcy.gong@...>
    hi Greg,
    Thanks!!

    regards
    darcy

    2012/12/31 Gregory N <spudarnia@...>

    Hi, Darcy,

    > > > .... Can provide a nxlines run screenshot?
    > >
    > > I don't have a setup right now to provide you with a screen shot. If I get some extra time I will built a configuration, load it, and photograph the ug_2864ambag01. But not today.
    >
    > Here is a screenshot of nxlines running on the simulator:

    > nxlines.png : simulator screenshot
    > nxlines.tar.gz : simulator configuration used to generate the screenshot.

    I uploaded a photo of nxlines running on the UG-2864AMBAG01 OLED to that same location (ug_2864ambag01.png). It is not a very good photo but probably as good as I can get from my tablet.

    The yellow at the top is normal; the UG-2964AMBAG01 has yellow OLED at the top, and blue for the rest of the display.

    Greg

  • Gregory N
    Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hi, Darcy,

      > The ug_2864hsweg01 ssd1306 driver is OK.
      >
      > The attachment is a patch.

      Checked in. Thanks!

      > I was in SPI 4 wire mode or 3 wire mode problem. Module configured by
      > default is wire mode, routines code is also supporting. I noticed 3 wire
      > mode does not need to consider A0 | D/C pins.
      >
      > I wonder how nuttx uses SPI 3 wire mode. I close the A0 | D/C
      > function display abnormal(modulealso set 4 wire
      > mode, namely BS0:BS1:BS2 0:0:0 ).

      I am not familiar with the ug_2864hsweg01 3-wire mode. Is that MOSI, SCLK, and CS? Without the A0 (Data/Command) bit? That mode would probably require 9-bit SPI then to send the Data/Command bit? I would not recommend using 9-bit SPI. I have never gotten it to work (see, for example, the Nokia LCD in the confgs/olimex-lpc1766stk configuration.)

      Greg
    • Gong Darcy
      Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
      hi Greg,

      2013/1/1 Gregory N <spudarnia@...>:

      >> I was in SPI 4 wire mode or 3 wire mode problem. Module configured by
      >> default is wire mode, routines code is also supporting. I noticed 3 wire
      >> mode does not need to consider A0 | D/C pins.
      >>
      >> I wonder how nuttx uses SPI 3 wire mode. I close the A0 | D/C
      >> function display abnormal(modulealso set 4 wire
      >
      >> mode, namely BS0:BS1:BS2 0:0:0 ).
      >
      > I am not familiar with the ug_2864hsweg01 3-wire mode. Is that MOSI, SCLK,
      > and CS? Without the A0 (Data/Command) bit? That mode would probably require

      yes . 3-wire mode is only that MOSI, SCLK and CS. No A0 (D/C) bit.

      > 9-bit SPI then to send the Data/Command bit? I would not recommend using

      Does not seem to.

      Mail attachment is a STM32 keil code ( 3 wire ).

      > 9-bit SPI. I have never gotten it to work (see, for example, the Nokia LCD
      > in the confgs/olimex-lpc1766stk configuration.)
      >

      > Greg

      darcy