Re: [nuttx] Re: In the Pipe

  • David Slipper
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 11, 2010
      Sorry, I suspect that amount of work is rather more than I can afford to commit to at the moment :-(

      I'd hate to say "yes" then let you down.

      If there is any testing I can do when the project is further on, then I'd be happy to try and contribute.

      Dave
      ./configure.sh sam3

      Should be

      ./configure.sh sam3u/ostest

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          nuttx-digest@yahoogroups.com
          nuttx-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --

      Regards,
      David

      ---------------------------
      Friends are sent by God,
      but relatives are sent by the Devil!
      ---------------------------
      Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
      it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
      ---------------------------
      May the biting fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of
      anyone that spoils your day - and may their arms be too short to scratch!!
      ---------------------------
      Blessed are the cracked - for it is they that let in the light!
      ---------------------------
      I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
      ---------------------------
      Do not walk in front of me - for I may not follow,
      Do not walk behind me - for I may not lead,
      Do not walk beside me either - just sod off and leave me alone!
      ---------------------------
      Dance as though no one is watching you,
      Love as though you have never been hurt before,
      Sing as though no one can hear you,
      Work as if you don't need the money,
      Live as though heaven is on earth,
      ~Rumi~

      Make the most of every moment - you never know what's coming.
      ~Softfoot~
      ---------------------------

    • Gregory N
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 11, 2010
        > Sorry, I suspect that amount of work is rather more than I can
        > afford to commit to at the moment :-(

        I understand that. I'm having trouble getting free time too now.

        I did complete most of the SAM3U port during the holidays. I have all of the header files in place, the basic boot up code, interrupt handling/control logic. All that is missing for a basic port is the clock configuration and the things that depend on the clock setup (the SYSTICK configuration and the UART console driver). That is probably a good day of work (probably less if there is good sample code with the board). But I'm not sure when I get that day!

        > If there is any testing I can do when the project is further on,
        > then I'd be happy to try and contribute.

        I'll keep you posted.

        Greg
      • Gregory N
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 21, 2010
          Here is an update on the state of these ports:

          > NXP LPC3131. I have completed coding on a port for the NXP
          > LPC3131, targeted for the Embedded Artists EA3131 board. The
          > basic port is complete in CVS and ready for testing.

          I have received the Embedded Artists EA3131 board and have done a little debugging. All of the tools are in place to make and to download binaries. See configs/ea3131/README.txt. At present it does not boot and, because of some tool problems, I have had to purchase another JTAG emulator. I've stopped the debug effort until I get that in hand.

          > SAM3U-EK. I also have a Atmel SAM3U-EK development board stalled
          > in transit. I have not yet started coding for that port, but I
          > expect to do so soon as well.

          The AT91SAM3U port is complete, but untested. I just checked in the last code changes for the basic port, but have not yet started testing. Next week I go on a business trip to the US for two weeks so I am not sure I going to have a chance to do more until I get back.

          David -- if you are still interested, you could download this and give it a try. It would be very unlikely to work first time (but on the other hand, the SAM3U boot is so easy that it shouldn't be to difficult to get working -- unlike the lpc3131 which has really complicated MMU and clock setup!)

          Greg
        • Gregory N
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 29, 2010
            > SAM3U-EK. I also have a Atmel SAM3U-EK development board stalled in
            > transit. I have not yet started coding for that port, but I expect
            > to do so soon as well.

            The SAM3U-EK port is near completion. It now passes the OS test with no problems with good serial console output and timer interrupts.

            I have a few more things that I need to do before I release this as NuttX 5.1: I want to get interrupt driven serial console working and also to get the NuttShell working correctly. I hope to finish that in the next week or so, but if anyone is waiting for the SAM3U port, you could certainly get a start with what is in CVS now.