Bundled NuttX toolchain for Windows (Video)

  • Meier Lorenz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012
      Hi all,

      We did an installer for our PX4 autopilot that contains all dependencies to configure and build NuttX. Its not better or faster than established toolchains, but it comes with the official ARM-variant of GCC, providing functional floating point on the Cortex M4 core. It does NOT clutter the global name space (it does not add itself to the path), its self-contained and does not alter your system.

      My main intent to post it here is to get feedback on how to improve it, so feel free to play with it and criticize it. I'd also love to hear if it fails running, we've tested on 32 and 64 bit Windows 7, but depending on what you've already installed on your system it might fall over some global settings / environment variables I'm not yet aware of.

      There is also an installation video. Note that some concepts shown in the video are custom to PX4, e.g. the USB uploading from within Eclipse.

      https://pixhawk.ethz.ch/px4/dev/toolchain_installation#windows_installation

      Greg send already the link around, so I do not consider this an advertisement - the toolchain has been built for this board:
      https://pixhawk.ethz.ch/px4/modules/px4fmu

      The main intent behind this installer and the video is to make our NuttX codebase more accessible to unexperienced developers on Windows.

      Cheers,
      Lorenz

      Lorenz Meier
      PhD Student