- Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/nuttx/files/nuttx/nuttx-6.7/
nuttx-6.7 Release Notes
The 74th release of NuttX, Version 6.7, was made on August 2, 2011 and is available for download from the SourceForge website. Note that release consists of two tarballs: nuttx-6.7.tar.gz and apps-6.7.tar.gz. Both may be needed (see the top-level nuttx/README.txt file for build information)
Changes in this release are summarized below:
- New OS APIs: Add the standard sem_timedwait() interface.
- FAT File System: Adds (optional) support for VFAT long file names.
- USB: Now the mass storage device can be connected when needed and disconnected when not needed (or re-connected as a different kind of device).
- Touchscreen Support: Defined a new NuttX touchscreen interface. Added a driver for the TI TSC2007 touchscreen controller chip.
- NX Fonts: Add support for multiple fonts; developed a tool to convert open source fonts into NuttX format; Converted and installed nine new, high quality fontsets.
- NX Graphics: Add new NX APIs to support drawing of wide lines in any orientation. Added new low level routines to set individual pixel more efficiently.
- Build system: Added a export target that will bundle up all of the NuttX libraries, header files, and the startup object into an export-able tarball. This exported package can then be used in other environments for application development.
- LPC17xx: A CAN driver was contributed by Li Zhuoyi (Lzyy).
- STM32: New NX-related configurations to excercise text and graphic image displays.
- C Library: Added a fixed precision atan2() math function.
- Bugfixes: Serial RX overrun error, FAT upper/lower NT 8.3 name handling fixed. FAT directory allocation and initialization bug. STM32 SDIO DMA race condition bug. eZ80 UART1 serial driver errors (Paul Osmialowski)
See the Change log for details.
6.7 2011-08-02 Gregory Nutt <spudmonkey AT racsa.co.cr>
- Makefile: Added a export target that will bundle up all of the NuttX libraries, header files, and the startup object into an export-able tarball.
- arch/arm/src/lpc17xx/lpc17_can.h: Correct some typos in the CAN register definitions.
- drivers/serial/serialirq.c: Correct an error that can occur if the serial RX buffer becomes full. Data is now discarded in that case; before, leaving data in the hardware would cause infinite interrupts one most MCUs since you must read the data in order to clear the interrupt.
- arch/arm/src/lpc17xx/lpc17_can.c: Added a CAN driver contributed by Li Zhuoyi (Lzyy).
- include/stddefs.h and sys/types: Added type wchar_t.
- fs/fat/fat_fat32dirent.c: Move all FAT directory operations to this new file; Implement VFAT long file name support.
- fs/fat/fat_fat32dirent.c: The configuration CONFIG_FAT_LCNAMES has been around for some time but never tested until now. This setting will mimic the NT 8.3 file name behavior: File names or extensions may be all upper or all lower case (but not mixed). If CONFIG_FAT_LCNAMES is not selected, all filenames are strictly upper case.
- configs/stm3210e-eval/nsh2: Console is back on UART1; Added examplex/nx as an NSH "built-in" command as a demonstration.
- fs/fat/fs_fat32dirent.c: Fix an important bug in the directory allocation (fat_allocatedirentry()). I looks like it could be initializing the wrong sectors! NOTE: This function was in fs_fat32utils.c in earlier releases.
- arch/arm/src/stm32_sdio.c: Correct an important DMA-related bug; SDIO transfer completion events and DMA completion eventes were not being coordinated correctly.
- configs/stm3210e-eval/nsh2: Enable FAT long file name support
- sched/sem_timedwait.c: Add the standard sem_timedwait() interface.
- graphics/nxfonts/nxfonts_getfont.c, nxfonts_bitmap.c, Makefile.source, and include/nuttx/nxfonts.h: Support for multiple fonts included. A new interface, nxf_getfonthandle() takes a font ID and returns a handle that is now used at all other font interfaces to specify which of the multiple fonts to use.
- arch/arm/src/lpc17xx/lpc17_syscon.h: Fix typo (reported by Li Zhuoyi).
- configs/stm3210e-eval/nsh2: Extended to support two new commands: 'msconn' will connect the USB mass storage device; 'msdis' will disconnect the USB storage device.
- tools/bdf-converter.c. This C file is used to build the bdf-converter program. The bdf-converter program be used to convert fonts in Bitmap Distribution Format (BDF) into fonts that can be used in the NX graphics system.
- include/nuttx/nx: Move all NX header files from include/nuttx to include/nuttx/nx.
- drivers/usbdev/usbdev_usbstorage.c and arch/arm/src/stm32/stm32_usbdev.c: Correct a memory leak when the USB mass storage driver is connected and then disconnected from the target. The write requests were not being freed. NOTE that the unregister logic in the STM32 needed to call stm32_reset() in order to return the write requests to the USB mass storage driver; it is possible that a similar but could exist for other architectures.
- graphics/nxfonts/nxfonts_*.h: Add serveral more new fonts
- arch/z80/src/ez80/ez80_serial.c: Fix some errors in serial driver setup for UART1 (submitted by Paul Osmialowski).
- drivers/input/tsc2007.c and include/nuttx/input/*: Add a generic NuttX touchscreen interface. Add a driver for the TI TSC2007 touchscreen controller.
- graphics/nxglib/lcd and fb: Add low level routines to set single pixels.
- lib/math/lib_b16atan2.c: Add a fixed precision atan2() function
- graphics/nxglib/nxglib_splitline.c: Add logic to divide a wide line into trapezoidal components.
- graphics/nxmu/nx_drawline.c, graphics/nxsu/nx_drawline.c, graphics/nxtk/nxtk_drawlinewindow.c, graphics/nxtk/nxtk_drawlinetoolbar.c: Add new line drawing interfaces (untested).
6.7 2011-08-02 Gregory Nutt <spudmonkey AT racsa.co.cr>
- apps/examples/nx and nxtext: These examples can now be built as NSH "built-in" commands.
- apps/examples/nxhello: The simplest graphics example: It just says "Hello, World!" in the center of the display. This example can also be built as an NSH "built-in" command.
- apps/examples/nx, ntext, and nxhello: All updated to use the new NuttX font interfaces.
- apps/examples/nximage: Another super simple graphics example: It just puts the NuttX logo in the center of the display. This example can also be built as an NSH "built-in" command.
- apps/examples/usbstorage: Can now be built as two NSH "built-in" commands: 'msconn' will connect the USB mass storage device; 'msdis' will disconnect the USB storage device.
- apps/examples/nx*: All NX header files moved from nuttx/include/nuttx to nuttx/include/nuttx/nx.
- apps/examples/usbstorage: Added instrumentation to monitor memory usage to check for memory leaks in the USB storage driver.
- apps/examples/nxhello/nxhello_bkgd.c: Fix handling of allocated glyph memory.