5580Re: [nuttx] Thinking about porting my Pico BASIC (phasic) to NuttX

  • Ken Pettit
    Mar 25, 2014
      Hey Greg,

      You know, I said the biggest portion of porting uC BASIC would probably be adding the platform independence layers, but now I'm thinking maybe the biggest part will be adapting to the NuttX coding standard!  I wrote all this code last year pre-April (i.e. before I even knew NuttX existed).

      What's your take on formatting when pulling in pre-existing BSD-licensed code into the source tree?  :)

      Ken

      On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 2:56 PM, <spudarnia@...> wrote:

      Hi, Ken,

      A tight integration of Pico BASIC and NSH sounds like it could be a great idea.

      When I asked about console input, I was actually thinking more in terms of a complete BASIC shell replacement for NSH.  There would be lots of advantages to reimplemening all of the NSH commands as builtin BASIC subroutines.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic