4727Re: [nuttx] About Bluetooth Support

  • Alan Carvalho de Assis
    Nov 14, 2013
      Hi Yiran,

      On 11/13/13, Yiran Liao <librae8226@...> wrote:
      > Alan,
      >
      > You are so cool!
      > That is extremely interesting. I found some instructions in sticknfind
      > website, it makes many things happen indeed.
      > I think nordic does great work in wireless field. Per pure technology point
      > of view, they might doing a better job than ti.

      Yes, I think so! Nordic is doing a nice work on wireless field.

      > You mentioned reverse engineering in previous mail, yep, that could be a
      > trial. I am still afraid of license issues.
      > Thus the worst thing for us to use nordic stuffs is still just as Gerd
      > described, their resources are not as friendly as ti's to developers.

      Many drivers on Linux are developed this way (webcam, fingerprint,
      etc), if you do reverse engineering to interoperate with other device
      it is allowed. But fortunately because Nordic releases this
      documentation, gnireenigne is not necessary.

      > For your sticknfind re-developing issues, I believe you can get it through.
      >
      > Here’s a link sells nrf51822 development board in *Bao, a fake one compared
      > with official DK board, but enough for experiment:
      > http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.14.fQIOA4&id=21831079530&_u=ca58th377b&initiative_new=1
      > Originally from:
      > http://www.amobbs.com/thread-5550948-1-1.html
      >
      > The owner got the official resources and shared them.

      Nice finding. I will try with stick'n'find first, case it doesn't work
      I will get this evaluation board.

      > Besides, I take a quick look at the official document from nordic about
      > SoftDevice:
      > This concept came up from nordic sdk. It describes the interfaces for
      > applications to use the nordic bluetooth stack.
      > And makes it possible to build user application and
      > It uses SVC mechanism in Cortex-M0 to implement the the whole stuff, so we
      > may hardly get access to the source, or binary.
      > This is one reason that it is not so friendly as ti which provides static
      > libraries.
      > Also, it might cause trouble in running a RTOS.

      Yes, getting the RF interface documentation from Nordic could be the
      way to bypasses this trouble.

      Thank you very much!

      BR,

      Alan