4726Re: [nuttx] About Bluetooth Support

  • Alan Carvalho de Assis
    Nov 14, 2013
      Hi David,

      On 11/14/13, David Alessio <david.s.alessio@...> wrote:
      > Why not take the Bluetooth stack from NetBSD? It works well and it’s
      > licensed under the more-permissive BSD license.

      Getting a Bluetooth stack from a *BSD operating system could be an
      option, but normally these stacks are not developed with deep embedded
      system in mind.

      Maybe, because we are going to support only BLE (at least initially
      NOTE: my assumption) we could develop a stack for scratch. I'm
      suggesting it because Bluetooth Low Energy is simpler than traditional
      Bluetooth stack, then it is not so complex like developing a WiFi
      stack for Soft MAC support on NuttX.

      Also BTstak license is incompatible with NuttX purpose and lwBT was
      developed prior to Bluetooth Low Energy, then it is not supported.

      Developing it from scratch we could make it suitable for
      microcontrollers with few as 16KB of RAM (i.e nRF51822) and flexible
      enough to support many kind of interfaces (USB, SPI, etc).

      BR,

      Alan
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic