Handicaching.com

  • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2005
      I came across this site while writing an article. Geocachers can rate caches to make searching easier for disabled/handicapped cachers. Please take a minutes to rate a cache or two :)
      Happy caching!
      Ed & Julie
      The Badge & The Butterfly

      ps: remember, a terrain rating of 1-star should be wheelchair accessable right up to the cache.

      The website (Handicaching.com) states:

       Handicaching aims to improve the accessibility of Geocaching for physically handicapped people all over the world.

      By rating caches using a simple system, handicapped geocachers can quickly find the caches they are able to do. Too often a 1 star or 2 star rated cache turns out to be impossible, causing dissapointment. Handicap ratings aim to avoid that.

      You can help by taking a few moments to quickly rate the caches you have visited!

      For handicapped geocachers we also provide tools and resources to find caches with ratings, find out what caches you will likely be able to do and a quick reference guide to the rating system.

       Use this site to rate all the caches you have visited! Rating a cache takes only a few moments and no personal information is required. The rating for a cache is generated by answering a few simple questions. Add links to the ratings in your log entries.

      Rate the caches you have hidden and put the rating clearly on the cache page, with a link to this site. This helps increase awareness of this service for other geocachers and makes your cache more accessible.