GeoWoodstock III

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2005
      Several people of been discussing going to this event.  Here is the groups event page
      The link to the cache page is GCKAPA
      It would be fun to have a big group from the northstate attend.
      Mike
    • Jenn Oates
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 9, 2005
        Can't go, but would love to. We have a huge family
        reunion that weekend every year, and both my dad and
        sister would kill me if I went to Florida instead.

        But I think we should sponsor one of these ourselves,
        don't you? We've got a lot of involved folks in the
        area to pull it off. It would be fun. Or it would
        kill us, either way.

        :)

        http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&guid=c8edfae1-5790-42a5-a79e-922becbaed7e&decrypt=y&log=y

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 9, 2005
          It could be called JeoWoodstock and we could sell commeritive crowns, well maybe not.(LOL)
          Mike

          Jenn Oates <wildoates56@...> wrote:
          Can't go, but would love to.  We have a huge family
          reunion that weekend every year, and both my dad and
          sister would kill me if I went to Florida instead.

          But I think we should sponsor one of these ourselves,
          don't you?  We've got a lot of involved folks in the
          area to pull it off.  It would be fun.  Or it would
          kill us, either way.

          :)

          --- Escapades <escapades4cache@...> wrote:

          > Several people of been discussing going to this
          > event.  Here is the groups event page
          > http://www.geowoodstock3.com/
          > The link to the cache page is GCKAPA

          http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&guid=c8edfae1-5790-42a5-a79e-922becbaed7e&decrypt=y&log=y
          > It would be fun to have a big group from the
          > northstate attend.
          > Mike

          Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

        • Michael Daugherty
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 10, 2005
            I think Mike should rent a big bus, Tankey could drive and we could all party on the way there.
            Several people of been discussing going to this event.  Here is the groups event page
            The link to the cache page is GCKAPA
            It would be fun to have a big group from the northstate attend.
            Mike

            Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

            Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
            Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
          • Pat or Bert Hall
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 10, 2005
              I would be happy to drive.  We could rent John Madden's bus.
              Tanky

            • marky@yvanovich.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 10, 2005
                > I would be happy to drive. We could rent John Madden's bus.
                > Tanky

                Joani and I haven't decided if we are going yet. We really would rather
                not fly. That's a long drive though. I wonder how many hours on the road
                that would be. Plus, can you imagine the gas costs! Yikes! At least gas
                has dropped below $2.00 a gallon.

                --Marky
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 10, 2005

                  Michael Daugherty <daughertydev@...> wrote:
                  I think Mike should rent a big bus, Tankey could drive and we could all party on the way there

                  I thought it would be better if I purchased a jet big enough for us all to fly back.  I checked and it will work great!  I do need Tanky and Woodchuck to co-sign though, I hope that isn't a problem.
                  Mike
                • Pat or Bert Hall
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 10, 2005
                    No problemo.  I got a model airplane for Christmas and now know how to fly.
                    Tanky

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 10, 2005
                      Well, heck...you can fit all of us on one o' them.

                      Except me, of course, 'cuz I can't go.

                      Have I mentioned that?

                      :)

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
                        Hi all...
                        I just wanted to share what a great time we had at GeoWoodstock III
                        in Florida! Those folks there put on an awsome event and made us
                        feel very welcome. There was an excess of 500 cachers there
                        including some from Germany and I think I heard Sweden. We from
                        California (NUTS, RCGDS, BADGES) were able to experience
                        caching "Florida style" and found some interesting camo jobs (watch
                        out!)and gained some great ideas for future events in our area.
                        There were representatives from Groundspeak and Today's Cacher there
                        as well. There were lots of prizes raffled off and those of us who
                        attended were given some of the first of the new Jeep Travel bugs so
                        be on the look out for those! We found an unbelievable number of
                        caches without much effort. There are some who found over 400 in 4
                        days (TeamAlamo from BADGES).

                        The Meet and Greet dinner Friday night was buffet style and there
                        were several caches to be had at the restaurant...pocket caches, a
                        cache to be logged there and hidden later, caches within walking
                        distance of the restaurant, and others. Afterwards, many, many, many
                        cachers went to do a night cache. Fun, fun, fun! The event the next
                        day was at a beautiful park with beautiful, clean beaches with lots
                        of lifegaurds, hiking and biking trails in a forest like atmosphere,
                        a lake for canoeing (no swimming..hmm, I wonder why?), a water park
                        for kids, and a great bunch of cachers to swap stories with. The
                        food provided was amazing (did I mention no cost to us?) and the
                        amount of water and soda provided seemed like an endless mountain!
                        There were at least 50 (probably many more than that) caches to be
                        found right there at the park. The weather was a little warm and
                        muggy but us Northern Californian's can handle a little heat and
                        then some! We were just happy that the thunderstorms that had been
                        forcast held off for us. At the end of the day, we were all tired
                        and ready to sleep.

                        Sunday, we decided to go on the St. Augustine cache run. The way
                        this worked, we used hand held radios to communicate our destination
                        and we all followed each other caching. Who ever found the cache,
                        logged it for everyone (Team STAR)and then we were on to the next.
                        The team found about 60 caches that day. What an experience! Once we
                        reached the historic area of St. Augustine, we split off the group
                        and went our seperate ways - some did the touristy thing, some
                        continued caching - some (us) did both. Afterwards, we were off to
                        an event dinner (which included Alligator for those who were willing
                        to try it) and lots of socializing and this officially ended our
                        GeoWoodstock event extravaganza! What a great time!

                        The following day, we (The Escapades)decided to take a road trip to
                        Savannah Georgia and since we were that close, we continued up to
                        South Carolina. Another great day! The next morning, we headed home.

                        I have posted some pictures on the NUTS page if anyone is interested.

                        Gail (Escapades)
                      • Shel Brabrook
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 5, 2005
                          Wow thanks for the good report and all the photos. It
                          looks like you had a good trip.

                          http://mail.yahoo.com