Re: [NUTS] Weather

  • Donald Liddiard
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
      Well it's snow/rain/snow in Paradise. Sounds like we should have joined the "snow shouldn't keep you from caching" flatlanders for the day. ;o)  Have you ever tried to dig up a cache in 6" of snow with a 20 foot radius of accuracy?? Fun... but a bit cold!! :o)  Sounds good to us... you can still see most of "Night Eyes"... at least for now!! R&C

      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005

        WOW! Sorry I mentioned the word snow as to be pointed out I was so very wrong. I will save the wit for a more appropriate place next time.

        Joe,Kim and the Geo Kids, Kalena(10),JJ(8),and Beth(5)

        GeoCaching.com

      • Pat or Bert Hall
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
          Who needs Night Eyes?  Just follow the tracks.

          Well it's snow/rain/snow in Paradise. Sounds like we should have joined the "snow shouldn't keep you from caching" flatlanders for the day. ;o)  Have you ever tried to dig up a cache in 6" of snow with a 20 foot radius of accuracy?? Fun... but a bit cold!! :o)  Sounds good to us... you can still see most of "Night Eyes"... at least for now!! R&C

          Doppler said it was snowing just a little north of
          Sacramento this morning.  Guess It must have been
          pretty cold up there, but it only rained here.

          Still is, and big time.

          --- Chuck Murphey <cmurphey@theunionnet> wrote:

          > What snow??? It's nice down this way only a little
          > rain and that doesn't hurt. Besides snow should not
          > keep you from caching!!
          > Woody

        • emsdawn21
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
            I'm up for calling off the snow. We're up to 4 ft...and it is still
            snowing! It has snowed the last 3 days straight. Grrrrr!!
            FireDawn

            --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Liddiard" <redhawk6611@m...>
            wrote:
            > We'd like to have someone call off the SNOW... thank you!!! R&C

            Service.
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
              I love the poem!  Keep up the good posts.  I see you guys found 10 caches in the last 3 days thats awesome in bad weather and 3 kids!  Congrats on Find # 50.
              Mike

              Joe and/or Kimberly Fitzer <joexandxkim@...> wrote:

              WOW! Sorry I mentioned the word snow as to be pointed out I was so very wrong. I will save the wit for a more appropriate place next time.

              Joe,Kim and the Geo Kids, Kalena(10),JJ(8),and Beth(5)

              GeoCaching.com

              Rain,Sleat or Snow,

              a Geo Caching we shall go.

              My family thinks Ive lost my mind,

              trying to be the first to find.

              Madly around the country I dash,

              To log into one last cahe.

              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
                The snow looks beautiful from down here in the valley!!!!  (LOL)
                Mike

                wrote:
                > We'd like to have someone call off the SNOW... thank you!!! R&C

                Service.

                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
                  Drive living in it Mike...It's a pain....(in my back). I'm always
                  shoveling snow. We're running out of places to put it. Want some? LOL

                  Dawn

                  --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Escapades <escapades4cache@y...> wrote:
                  > The snow looks beautiful from down here in the valley!!!! (LOL)
                  > Mike
                  >
                  > emsdawn21 <emsdawn21@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > I'm up for calling off the snow. We're up to 4 ft...and it is
                  still
                  > snowing! It has snowed the last 3 days straight. Grrrrr!!
                  > FireDawn
                  >
                  > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Liddiard" <redhawk6611@m...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > We'd like to have someone call off the SNOW... thank you!!! R&C

                  Service.
                • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
                    Hey...if you are delivering snow, I'll buy a snowman's worth :)
                    **As long as the price is free, of course :P **
                    It hasn't snowed on the valley floor in ages!
                    Ed (& Julie)

                    > Drive living in it Mike...It's a pain....(in my back). I'm always
                    > shoveling snow. We're running out of places to put it. Want some? LOL
                    >
                    > Dawn
                    >

                    > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Escapades <escapades4cache@y...> wrote:
                    >> The snow looks beautiful from down here in the valley!!!! (LOL)
                    >> Mike
                    >>
                    >> emsdawn21 <emsdawn21@y...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> I'm up for calling off the snow. We're up to 4 ft...and it is
                    > still
                    >> snowing! It has snowed the last 3 days straight. Grrrrr!!
                    >> FireDawn
                    >>
                    >> --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Liddiard" <redhawk6611@m...>
                    >> wrote:
                    >> > We'd like to have someone call off the SNOW... thank you!!! R&C

                  • emsdawn21
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 3, 2005
                      Alrighty. If I am able to make it to the NUTS gathering...I will
                      bring a cooler full of snow for everyone to share and play with. How
                      does that sound?

                    • Bob Francis
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 3, 2005
                        Hey Joe I didn't know you were a poet too!!

                        Bob JR

                        Joe and/or Kimberly Fitzer <joexandxkim@...> wrote:

                        Rain,Sleat or Snow,

                        a Geo Caching we shall go.

                        My family thinks Ive lost my mind,

                        trying to be the first to find.

                        Madly around the country I dash,

                        To log into one last cahe.

                        ( This is dedicated to the family for the past three days of caching, lol)

                        Joe,Kim and the Geo Kids, Kalena(10),JJ(8),and Beth(5)

                        GeoCaching.com

                        Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

                        Do you Yahoo!?