Re: [NUTS] Weather

  • Michael Daugherty
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
      Humm, the sun was shinning in Smartsville all day, to bad you live in Lake Wildworld.
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
        Doppler said it was snowing just a little north of
        Sacramento this morning. Guess It must have been
        pretty cold up there, but it only rained here.

        Still is, and big time.

        --- Chuck Murphey <cmurphey@...> wrote:

        > What snow??? It's nice down this way only a little
        > rain and that doesn't hurt. Besides snow should not
        > keep you from caching!!
        > Woody

      • Donald Liddiard
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
          Well it's snow/rain/snow in Paradise. Sounds like we should have joined the "snow shouldn't keep you from caching" flatlanders for the day. ;o)  Have you ever tried to dig up a cache in 6" of snow with a 20 foot radius of accuracy?? Fun... but a bit cold!! :o)  Sounds good to us... you can still see most of "Night Eyes"... at least for now!! R&C

          --- Chuck Murphey <cmurphey@theunionnet> wrote:

          > What snow??? It's nice down this way only a little
          > rain and that doesn't hurt. Besides snow should not
          > keep you from caching!!
          > Woody

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Joe and/or Kimberly Fitzer
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005

            WOW! Sorry I mentioned the word snow as to be pointed out I was so very wrong. I will save the wit for a more appropriate place next time.

            Joe,Kim and the Geo Kids, Kalena(10),JJ(8),and Beth(5)

            GeoCaching.com

          • Pat or Bert Hall
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
              Who needs Night Eyes?  Just follow the tracks.

              Well it's snow/rain/snow in Paradise. Sounds like we should have joined the "snow shouldn't keep you from caching" flatlanders for the day. ;o)  Have you ever tried to dig up a cache in 6" of snow with a 20 foot radius of accuracy?? Fun... but a bit cold!! :o)  Sounds good to us... you can still see most of "Night Eyes"... at least for now!! R&C

              Doppler said it was snowing just a little north of
              Sacramento this morning.  Guess It must have been
              pretty cold up there, but it only rained here.

              Still is, and big time.

              --- Chuck Murphey <cmurphey@theunionnet> wrote:

              > What snow??? It's nice down this way only a little
              > rain and that doesn't hurt. Besides snow should not
              > keep you from caching!!
              > Woody

            • emsdawn21
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
                I'm up for calling off the snow. We're up to 4 ft...and it is still
                snowing! It has snowed the last 3 days straight. Grrrrr!!
                FireDawn

                --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Liddiard" <redhawk6611@m...>
                wrote:
                > We'd like to have someone call off the SNOW... thank you!!! R&C

                Service.
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
                  I love the poem!  Keep up the good posts.  I see you guys found 10 caches in the last 3 days thats awesome in bad weather and 3 kids!  Congrats on Find # 50.
                  Mike

                  Joe and/or Kimberly Fitzer <joexandxkim@...> wrote:

                  WOW! Sorry I mentioned the word snow as to be pointed out I was so very wrong. I will save the wit for a more appropriate place next time.

                  Joe,Kim and the Geo Kids, Kalena(10),JJ(8),and Beth(5)

                  GeoCaching.com

                  Rain,Sleat or Snow,

                  a Geo Caching we shall go.

                  My family thinks Ive lost my mind,

                  trying to be the first to find.

                  Madly around the country I dash,

                  To log into one last cahe.

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
                    The snow looks beautiful from down here in the valley!!!!  (LOL)
                    Mike

                    wrote:
                    > We'd like to have someone call off the SNOW... thank you!!! R&C

                    Service.

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
                      Drive living in it Mike...It's a pain....(in my back). I'm always
                      shoveling snow. We're running out of places to put it. Want some? LOL

                      Dawn

                      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Escapades <escapades4cache@y...> wrote:
                      > The snow looks beautiful from down here in the valley!!!! (LOL)
                      > Mike
                      >
                      > emsdawn21 <emsdawn21@y...> wrote:
                      >
                      > I'm up for calling off the snow. We're up to 4 ft...and it is
                      still
                      > snowing! It has snowed the last 3 days straight. Grrrrr!!
                      > FireDawn
                      >
                      > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Liddiard" <redhawk6611@m...>
                      > wrote:
                      > > We'd like to have someone call off the SNOW... thank you!!! R&C

                      Service.
                    • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
                        Hey...if you are delivering snow, I'll buy a snowman's worth :)
                        **As long as the price is free, of course :P **
                        It hasn't snowed on the valley floor in ages!
                        Ed (& Julie)

                        > Drive living in it Mike...It's a pain....(in my back). I'm always
                        > shoveling snow. We're running out of places to put it. Want some? LOL
                        >
                        > Dawn
                        >

                        > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Escapades <escapades4cache@y...> wrote:
                        >> The snow looks beautiful from down here in the valley!!!! (LOL)
                        >> Mike
                        >>
                        >> emsdawn21 <emsdawn21@y...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> I'm up for calling off the snow. We're up to 4 ft...and it is
                        > still
                        >> snowing! It has snowed the last 3 days straight. Grrrrr!!
                        >> FireDawn
                        >>
                        >> --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Liddiard" <redhawk6611@m...>
                        >> wrote:
                        >> > We'd like to have someone call off the SNOW... thank you!!! R&C

                      • emsdawn21
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 3, 2005
                          Alrighty. If I am able to make it to the NUTS gathering...I will
                          bring a cooler full of snow for everyone to share and play with. How
                          does that sound?

                        • Bob Francis
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 3, 2005
                            Hey Joe I didn't know you were a poet too!!

                            Bob JR

                            Joe and/or Kimberly Fitzer <joexandxkim@...> wrote:

                            Rain,Sleat or Snow,

                            a Geo Caching we shall go.

                            My family thinks Ive lost my mind,

                            trying to be the first to find.

                            Madly around the country I dash,

                            To log into one last cahe.

                            ( This is dedicated to the family for the past three days of caching, lol)

                            Joe,Kim and the Geo Kids, Kalena(10),JJ(8),and Beth(5)

                            GeoCaching.com

                            Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

                            Do you Yahoo!?