Re: [NUTS] Favorite Caches in 2004

  • Donald Liddiard
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
      We had a tough time with this, there were so many great caches this past year. It was interesting to note that in thinking about our various hunts, the things that stood out that made certain caches special were... the people we encountered, the experience of the hunt, or the quality of the hide. That said, our favorites are: first and foremost were the events... NUTS, RCGDS, GBES... it truly is about the great people in this sport! The GBES Navigational Rally by Drofrockology and crew was an amazingly fun and challenging series of caches and terrific group of people. For experience on the hunt, Beach Walk #1 by Berliner was a blast as we met the great Berliner, prolific hider of micros on the Oregon Coast (last we checked he had about 65 micros and had found only 100+). Also for experience, SOS...SOS..SOS by Tigger2 was pretty exciting even though it was just a virtual, we did it in gale force winds at the height of a severe winter storm and almost couldn't get the car doors open... or closed! Quality caches with incredible scenery, were many but our favorite was Smithers First by Hart & Nell in British Columbia, which was a hike to a pair of twin falls Crystal also wants to add Feather Falls CITO by Firedawn as a memorable cache with beautiful views. Our Alaska hunts... all of them... were spectacularly beautiful and intense... we constantly anticipated a run in with a bear or moose. Closer to home Hans Bricker by Badge and Butterfly and Uniontown Cemetery by old hippy and Granny, and just about anything by Buster1 (except for Steak on the Run, but we don't talk about that), and Hook, Line and...?(we didn't get there) by Escapades was fast becoming a favorite until it was archived :o(  all made for great hides. And there were a lot more... to many to mention... that were superlative in quality of hide, the experience, and people encountered! What a great enhancement to our life experience. Thanks for asking!! Happy New Year, Rock&Crystal

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
        If you think last year's GBES rally was good, wait
        until THIS year!

        It's going to be even better.

        /shameless hustling of event