Re: AAron Palmer

  • teeje
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2013
      Awww, nuts, another user account hacked.

      Please, everyone, make sure you have a good, secure password on your accounts. Here are some guidelines from http://tigger.uic.edu/~mbird/password.html

      Good passwords[2]:
      Have both upper and lower case letters
      Have digits and/or punctuation characters as well as letters
      Are easy to remember, so they do not have to be written down
      Are [at least] eight characters long
      Can be typed quickly, so someone else cannot look over your shoulder

      I usually tell people to pick a complex password, such as "G0atM!lk" (numbers, punctuation, and upper/lowercase letters) then add the website to beginning, middle or end (consistently). Yahoo password might then be "G0atM!1kYahoo". This method of creating your passwords give you a constant password that then changes on every website and yet is still easy to remember.

      Have a great summer!

      -- teeje

      P.S.: When are we having another event? :P