Re: [NUTS] Ammo Cans

  • Darren Courtney
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2012
      If you get to the larger gun shows, usually all sizes there at a far cheaper price. Good luck.

      mtntrek

      Sent from mtntrek's iPhone 4S

      On May 27, 2012, at 5:22 PM, cathy@... wrote:

      yep in Ukiah GI JOES they ar very cheap less than 8 a can dep on size!

      > Now I know why I don't see ammo can hides any more. Went to Reno a few
      > weeks back and stopped by Twin Cities Surplus and thought I would pick up
      > two or three can to replace ones of mine that had grown legs and walked
      > off over the past couple of years. To be fair, these were the larger size
      > cans, but they wanted $39.99 (and no, I didn't slip a decimal) a piece for
      > them!! Walked out empty handed. Any of you know of a source for cheap
      > cans??!!! I remember, way way back when when they were eight bucks a pop.
      >
      > Thanks, Sierra Rat (Jack)

    • Bill Hoke
      Message 2 of 9 , May 28, 2012
        Check with little devil or Mac Attack, both are rcgds event regulars and have cans for sale,

        If anyone is heading to Vegas on highway 95, all the ammo cans you want in all sizes at great prices in Beatty. 50 cal cans are $8.00 clean. Long drive just for cans, but if going, keep it in mind.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        Now I know why I don't see ammo can hides any more. Went to Reno a few weeks back and stopped by Twin Cities Surplus and thought I would pick up two or three can to replace ones of mine that had grown legs and walked off over the past couple of years. To be fair, these were the larger size cans, but they wanted $39.99 (and no, I didn't slip a decimal) a piece for them!! Walked out empty handed. Any of you know of a source for cheap cans??!!! I remember, way way back when when they were eight bucks a pop.

        Thanks, Sierra Rat (Jack)

      • Jack R Isbell
        Message 3 of 9 , May 28, 2012
          Hi Bill, thanks for the info, I'll check with them

          Jack

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8, 2012
            I have almost 100 small ammo cans for sale. $5 each. Please contact me thru geocaching "Clan Mac!" will be at event GC3K43B June 9th with some cans. ~Mac
          • Mac
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 12, 2012
              Still have many small cans.  $5 each.  Please reach me through geocaching.com  "Clan Mac!"