Re: [NUTS] Ammo Cans

  • RONALD W COOKE
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2012

      If anyone is heading to Vegas on highway 95, all the ammo cans you want in all sizes at great prices in Beatty. 50 cal cans are $8.00 clean. Long drive just for cans, but if going, keep it in mind.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Now I know why I don't see ammo can hides any more. Went to Reno a few weeks back and stopped by Twin Cities Surplus and thought I would pick up two or three can to replace ones of mine that had grown legs and walked off over the past couple of years. To be fair, these were the larger size cans, but they wanted $39.99 (and no, I didn't slip a decimal) a piece for them!! Walked out empty handed. Any of you know of a source for cheap cans??!!! I remember, way way back when when they were eight bucks a pop.

      Thanks, Sierra Rat (Jack)

    • cathy@pacific.net
      Message 2 of 9 , May 27, 2012
        yep in Ukiah GI JOES they ar very cheap less than 8 a can dep on size!

        > Now I know why I don't see ammo can hides any more. Went to Reno a few
        > weeks back and stopped by Twin Cities Surplus and thought I would pick up
        > two or three can to replace ones of mine that had grown legs and walked
        > off over the past couple of years. To be fair, these were the larger size
        > cans, but they wanted $39.99 (and no, I didn't slip a decimal) a piece for
        > them!! Walked out empty handed. Any of you know of a source for cheap
        > cans??!!! I remember, way way back when when they were eight bucks a pop.
        >
        > Thanks, Sierra Rat (Jack)

      • Darren Courtney
        Message 3 of 9 , May 27, 2012
          If you get to the larger gun shows, usually all sizes there at a far cheaper price. Good luck.

          mtntrek

          Sent from mtntrek's iPhone 4S

          On May 27, 2012, at 5:22 PM, cathy@... wrote:

          yep in Ukiah GI JOES they ar very cheap less than 8 a can dep on size!

          > Now I know why I don't see ammo can hides any more. Went to Reno a few
          > weeks back and stopped by Twin Cities Surplus and thought I would pick up
          > two or three can to replace ones of mine that had grown legs and walked
          > off over the past couple of years. To be fair, these were the larger size
          > cans, but they wanted $39.99 (and no, I didn't slip a decimal) a piece for
          > them!! Walked out empty handed. Any of you know of a source for cheap
          > cans??!!! I remember, way way back when when they were eight bucks a pop.
          >
          > Thanks, Sierra Rat (Jack)

        • Cinrafter
          Message 4 of 9 , May 27, 2012
            I still have a bunch I picked up at the Geo Cache event in Wheatland a few years ago!

            Have the best day you possible can!

            Cin

            cathy@... wrote:

            >yep in Ukiah GI JOES they ar very cheap less than 8 a can dep on size!
            >
            >> Now I know why I don't see ammo can hides any more. Went to Reno a few
            >> weeks back and stopped by Twin Cities Surplus and thought I would pick up
            >> two or three can to replace ones of mine that had grown legs and walked
            >> off over the past couple of years. To be fair, these were the larger size
            >> cans, but they wanted $39.99 (and no, I didn't slip a decimal) a piece for
            >> them!! Walked out empty handed. Any of you know of a source for cheap
            >> cans??!!! I remember, way way back when when they were eight bucks a pop.
            >>
            >> Thanks, Sierra Rat (Jack)

          • Bill Hoke
            Message 5 of 9 , May 28, 2012
              Check with little devil or Mac Attack, both are rcgds event regulars and have cans for sale,

              If anyone is heading to Vegas on highway 95, all the ammo cans you want in all sizes at great prices in Beatty. 50 cal cans are $8.00 clean. Long drive just for cans, but if going, keep it in mind.

              Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

              Now I know why I don't see ammo can hides any more. Went to Reno a few weeks back and stopped by Twin Cities Surplus and thought I would pick up two or three can to replace ones of mine that had grown legs and walked off over the past couple of years. To be fair, these were the larger size cans, but they wanted $39.99 (and no, I didn't slip a decimal) a piece for them!! Walked out empty handed. Any of you know of a source for cheap cans??!!! I remember, way way back when when they were eight bucks a pop.

              Thanks, Sierra Rat (Jack)

            • Jack R Isbell
              Message 6 of 9 , May 28, 2012
                Hi Bill, thanks for the info, I'll check with them

                Jack

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 8, 2012
                  I have almost 100 small ammo cans for sale. $5 each. Please contact me thru geocaching "Clan Mac!" will be at event GC3K43B June 9th with some cans. ~Mac
                • Mac
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 12, 2012
                    Still have many small cans.  $5 each.  Please reach me through geocaching.com  "Clan Mac!"