Re: [NUTS] Looking for Best Power Trail in Nor Cal

  • cathy@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2012
      Sandi....LOL how did I know??? I have done the 66 and its a HUGE
      undertaking and you really need 4 people to do it right. Get the map open
      and just scroll around and you will see some of the power runs listed.
      There are a few over by the 66 actually. I have asked the question as to
      what makes a run a power run and I was told over 250 caches is considered
      a power run by some of the BIG names in Caching so just depends on where
      you want to travel and how many you want to do. You know the ET would be
      fun to do in stages... 1500 plus the space ship and the head (Ive done the
      head) is a lot to do in a few days... dont want to get cached out.... let
      me know when you find one if I can go I will. I love power runs and have
      experience!
      Cathy

      > I was just at a caching event last night in reno. One of the cachers told
      > me of his plans to put a power trail of about 100 caches in the Sierra
      > valley which is just east of Portola. He plans to start putting them out
      > on Feb 29th.
      > There is a really awesome  power trail called blackwood canyon which is
      > at the northwest part of lake tahoe. Due to the snow finally arriving it
      > wont be attainable until summer. If you plan on visiting tahoe during the
      > summer months its well worth the trip and the time.
      > Happy caching,
      > Leianne (portolahiker)

    • Lewis Goodrich
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2012
        Lew and I are working on a Superbowl Series of puzzles in Rancho Cordova and hope to make a caching run there soon.  Look up Voodoo Crew in that area.

        Sandi....LOL how did I know??? I have done the 66 and its a HUGE
        undertaking and you really need 4 people to do it right. Get the map open
        and just scroll around and you will see some of the power runs listed.
        There are a few over by the 66 actually. I have asked the question as to
        what makes a run a power run and I was told over 250 caches is considered
        a power run by some of the BIG names in Caching so just depends on where
        you want to travel and how many you want to do. You know the ET would be
        fun to do in stages... 1500 plus the space ship and the head (Ive done the
        head) is a lot to do in a few days... dont want to get cached out.... let
        me know when you find one if I can go I will. I love power runs and have
        experience!
        Cathy

        > I was just at a caching event last
        night in reno. One of the cachers told
        > me of his plans to put a power
        trail of about 100 caches in the Sierra
        > valley which is just east of
        Portola. He plans to start putting them out
        > on Feb 29th.
        > There
        is a really awesome  power trail called blackwood canyon which is

        at the northwest part of lake tahoe. Due to the snow finally arriving it

        wont be attainable until summer. If you plan on visiting tahoe during the
        > summer months its well worth the trip and the time.
        > Happy
        caching,
        > Leianne (portolahiker)

        Guzzi <mailto:dukeofurl%40sonic.net>

        >> My Husband and I would like to do a power
        trail but don't know which
        >> one. Which one do you consider to be the
        best? In Nor Cal.

        > I have a series of 10 that are on a trail up
        in Chico, but you'll be
        > disappointed when it only takes you a half hour
        to do them since they're
        > aimed at kids and newbies.

        suppose it depends on how many you want to do. 50, 100, 1000?

        see a smaller trail near the north-west corner of Lake Tahoe and
        > another
        one directly west of it, there's also a few medium sized trails
        > in
        Sacramento and a few in West Sacramento. I see several nice trails

        around Los Padres National Forest. (GC2RGHP)

        > I think the best
        one that I've seen in the last 15 minutes in California
        > is along the old
        Route 66, in Barstow, starting with (GC3A86V)

        > Then there's also
        the ET series in Nevada, it has 1500 (GC32BFZ), but
        > that might take you
        a while.

        > If you don't want to go far, I think the ones in Sac
        and West Sac are
        > your best choice.

        -A