RE: [NUTS] Facebook "Chico Cachers"

  • Bryan Wright
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23, 2011

      Email groups are just another form of social networking, albeit with a simpler interface and fewer potential distractions.  I actually find things like FB to be useful for coordinating outdoor activities (e.g. bike rides, hikes, etc) or finding out about other activities, groups, organizations that I might not have otherwise known about.  That said, it can be a time sink and you have to be careful about that.  I certainly prefer actual face-to-face interaction and agree that IMO there are better things to do than stare at a computer screen since I do that all day anyway.

      My outdoor activity level has actually gone up to the detriment of my caching time, so go figure.

      A NUTS event would be pretty cool.

      **waves at R&C, Thrak, et al**

      The SKWERL (bryan)

      From: jkaye65@...
      Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:33:17 -0700

      Mike, speaking on behalf of probably everyone, we think you were pussy-footin' around the issue and being a bit vague.  Can you just tell us how you really feel?

      Thanks, J