Re: [NUTS] Re: Looking for a new GPSr

  • thrak@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 17, 2011
      All I can say is that I've put way more geocaches than that into my 78S. There are threads about them on the geocaching forums. I believe where the confusion arises is that these units treat WAYPOINTS and GEOCACHES  differently. I believe you are correct that there is a limit of 2,000 waypoints. However, I also believe that is separate from the limit of 5,000 geocaches. There is an additional limitation of a maximum of 200 .gpx files. Of course that really isn't much of a limitation. My "standard" query is the nearest 1,000 unfound geocaches and that only makes ONE .gpx file.

      On 7/17/2011 9:20 PM, Jim Olson wrote:

      Cool & TNX Thrak…

      I’m looking at them right now… But it looks like they only do 2000 waypoints…

      Jim

      Check out my web site:

      www.VoiceoverByJim.com

      or

      www.VoiceoverJim.com

      Also please visit Voiceover By Jim Facebook Fan page

      Linked-In What’s this?  http://www.linkedin.com/in/voiceoverbyjim

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 17, 2011
        Thank you all for your input & now all I have to do is make up my mind... I'm looking at the Garmin GPSMAP 60Sx or the Garmin Oregon 450 or the Garmin GPSMAP 78S... I think I'll sleep on it & buy one in the morning...
        TNX again...
        Jim
      • Jim Olson