Re: Looking for a new GPSr

  • Jim Olson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 17, 2011

      Cool & TNX Thrak…

      I’m looking at them right now… But it looks like they only do 2000 waypoints…

      Jim

      Check out my web site:

      www.VoiceoverByJim.com

      or

      www.VoiceoverJim.com

      Also please visit Voiceover By Jim Facebook Fan page

      Linked-In What’s this?  http://www.linkedin.com/in/voiceoverbyjim

    • Scott Forde
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 17, 2011
        I have a Garmin 62s - it has the ability to have 5000 geocaches plus another 2000 waypoints in the unit at the same time. They are treated separately with the 5000 having the cache descriptions where the normal waypoints are just the coords.  Also you can also use POI for caches - then you are almost unlimited for the number of caches in the GPS. I have almost the entire active  caches in California in my Garmin 62s as POI along with 4000 caches with descriptions in the GPS if I have a particular spot that I am going. I also have an iPhone but it's not the same - need something waterproof and drop proof and my iPhone isn't.

        Scott
        -40-

        Sent from my iPhone

      • thrak@pacbell.net

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 17, 2011
            Thank you all for your input & now all I have to do is make up my mind... I'm looking at the Garmin GPSMAP 60Sx or the Garmin Oregon 450 or the Garmin GPSMAP 78S... I think I'll sleep on it & buy one in the morning...
            TNX again...
            Jim
          • Jim Olson