RE: [NUTS] Fwd: GeoWoodstock Playing Card Auction Begins March 2nd

    Message 1 of 61 , Mar 11, 2011
      As for how much to bid... it helps fund GeoWoodstock so it's certainly a worthy cause. We'd suggest $200-$300 and if we did go for a joker it might not be as competitive as aces or face cards. What say folks? Anyone? Anyone???

      To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
      From: gsmcelroy@...
      Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:37:23 -0800
      Subject: RE: [NUTS] Fwd: GeoWoodstock Playing Card Auction Begins March 2nd

      since the auction does not end until April 6th we have some time to discuss.....
      What card or cards do we want to bid on and how much are we willing to bid on said cards?
      Gary

      From: thrak@...
      Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:22:07 -0800

      I'm wondering what the bidding will be like. It would be cool to have a card with our official N.U.T.S. logo. If it isn't too spendy perhaps we could raid the kitty for a shot at being in the official desk.

      Message 61 of 61 , Apr 14 5:15 PM
        OOOHHHHH YYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!  Here in somewhat sunhy Chico and still kickin'!  Hope to meet many of the NUTS members soon, but unfortunately I and LuvvBug will not be able to attend the Table Mountain Event Breakfast.  We'll be in Portola that weekend.  However; hope to meet ya'll soon and hopefully out on the trails.

        Oops...HERE, PRESENT, and still LURKING! (that's my NUTS check in)

        Spitfyre97

        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
        From: redhawk2853@...
        Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:58:04 -0700

        Thanks so much for taking care of this and all your effort BluCruz. Awesome that we are a part of the deck of cards for GWIX. So sorry that we couldn't have had the two jokers though. Oh well.

        As for Thrak's comments. It has always been true since the beginning 8 years ago that only a few of the members seem to participate in votes or discussions. I  wonder how many folks are still reading the emails? Perhaps we could get a poll of those who are still paying attention. We have just shy of 300 member teams/individuals from various parts of the country. As is true in life, many have moved on to other pursuits, or moved on, or away, or passed on, or grabbed their NUTS and headed off into the sunset. Perhaps some have been turned off by the occasional intense discussion on this forum, or by the strains and pains of GWVI. Certainly I think most of us who have been geocaching for months or years have experienced what might be described as the "ebb and flow of caching".  On a personal level we have experienced a number of these vacillations which I know has impacted our efforts to keep the events coming, and our energy in it. I think the Escapades and BluCruz clans have experienced some of the same. And... unfortunately if we, or they, don't put together an event, well, it just doesn't happen! And I guess it's the events that keep us going. We have also seen a huge increase in splinter groups all around us, which has drained alot of our members as they stay closer to home and no longer travel from Redding, Yuba City, Red Bluff, even Lake County and the Gold Country to our Chico/Oroville/Paradise events. This was pretty much a natural evolution as the economy took a dump and gas prices went sky high (several times now).

        We (R&C) would be happy to step aside as "co-moderators" of this group to allow some new energy (and perhaps a better website) to stir this group. Perhaps we're overdue for some change. We took charge along with the Escapades by default, and BluCruz is the only elected official as keeper of the kitty aka treasurer. Are we ready for an election? Can we muster more than 5 votes? I don't know.

        I know we won't let the NUTS die, as long as folks still show for an occasional event and enjoy themselves that's good enough and makes the effort worth it. And as long as our NUTS tree keep producing those gold plated nuts we'll keep honoring those milestones.

        So, how about a quick count of those who are still lurking out there and getting these emails, newbies or oldies, local or far away. All we need is a "hey", "yo", "here" or some indication that y'all are out there.

        I'll bait this just a tiny bit by saying if you are still paying attention it might be worth your while to so indicate. Let's just say there might be something in it for you!! Enough said for now...

         happy caching, Rock  (of Rock&Crystal)

        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
        From: gsmcelroy@...
        Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:17:10 -0700

        It's paid for and done. I sent them the pair of gold nuts logo. I decided the wedge could possibly cause unneccessary problems between us and you know who.  We should just get rid of the wedge off the yahoo page too just so we don't have to have this duscussion again.
        Gary

        From: gsmcelroy@...
        Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:08:24 -0700

        After much email exchange with the GWIX people it appears they are only giving us one of the jokers even though they sent confirmation that we won both of them after the auction ended. They say that there was a glitch in their computer system and we were outbid on the Red Joker at the last second and the confirmation went out in error. I don't buy that explanation, but I'm not going to get in an e-mail war over a card. We got The Black Joker for $95.00 and I need to know which logo are we going to use and I need it by Monday night so I can send it to the printer.
        Gary N6BLU

        From: Greg MacDougall <orville50us@...>
        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 6:43 PM