Re: [NUTS] NUTS event

  • thrak@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
      Curmudgeons don't do social networking sites............

      Never been to facebook, myspace, etc. Don't have a smartphone. Don't tweet or blog. Don't watch TV. I do go to the library frequently though.

      Yep, a troglodyte to be sure. ;-)

      On 2/12/2011 10:25 PM, Escapades wrote:

      @ Thrak...was that BAH!!! in a good way?

      From: Tru2Cntry <tru2cntry@...>
      To: "nuts_@yahoogroups.com" <nuts_@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, February 11, 2011, 10:20 PM

      Hey do t know if it's too late but Bear and I have a friend
      Coming and he is eligible for 2 nuts too! He signed up to come as
      SeanStafford and he's coming all the way from Palo Alto. He's the
      One who did the ET Trail with us ;).
      Can't wait till tomorrow. See you there !

       Jan~Mari Lowry

      Sent from my incredible  IPhone

      On Feb 11, 2011, at 9:40 PM, <redhawk2853@...> wrote:

      A last minute reminder to all, we will be having a NUTS event at Logan's Roadhouse in Chico starting at 4:30 tomorrow (Saturday). Forgot the waypoint so check your local listings (GC.com) for more information and to log your intent so we know how many to seat. Hope to see ya'll there, Rock&Crystal

    • Anthony Guzzi
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
        On 2/12/2011 10:58 PM, thrak@... wrote:
        > Curmudgeons don't do social networking sites............
        >
        > Never been to facebook, myspace, etc. Don't have a smartphone. Don't
        > tweet or blog. Don't watch TV. I do go to the library frequently though.

        And you call yourself an I.T. guy... :-)
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 13, 2011
          We have placed a cache in honor of Mr B in the Oroville Wildlife Area.  We would like to thank everyone at the NUTS event in Chico who added items to the cache.

          From: Anthony Guzzi <dukeofurl@...>
          To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 11:00 PM

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 14, 2011
            Hey there all you NUTS,

            Just a reminder that there is another NUTS event (GC2N9YH) on Saturday February 26th at Clear Lake. (Hey, when it rains... it pours, right?) SmokeysRedheadHelper is hosting, and it is their farewell gathering before they head out on a huge adventure across the U.S. Check the listing for time and place. PLEASE log your intent and the number in your party ahead of time so they can prepare the establishment hosts. Lots of caches in the area, too. Hope to see y'all there, R&C

            p.s. A huge thanks to Escapades for collecting the goodies and placing the MrB Memorial cache.

          • thrak@pacbell.net
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 15, 2011
              Hey! I don't consider Facebook or Twitter to be IT related. After all, how is having 200 "friends" whom you've never even met an IT thing? :-D

              On 2/12/2011 11:00 PM, Anthony Guzzi wrote:

              On 2/12/2011 10:58 PM, thrak@... wrote:
              > Curmudgeons don't do social networking sites............
              >
              > Never been to facebook, myspace, etc. Don't have a smartphone. Don't
              > tweet or blog. Don't watch TV. I do go to the library frequently though.

              And you call yourself an I.T. guy... :-)

            • redhawk2853
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011
                We'll be having our third annual (Another) Salute to State of Jefferson Cachers on April 9th from 11:30 am to ?? at Heaven on Earth Bakery just south of beautiful Azalea, Oregon on I-5, exit 86. Awesome food and lots of treats and free raffles.

                Rock&Crystal
              • redhawk2853
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011
                  Oops, waypoint is GC2Q9H8 for the Oregon event.
                • Anthony Guzzi
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011
                    On 3/30/2011 7:51 PM, redhawk2853 wrote:
                    > Oops, waypoint is GC2Q9H8 for the Oregon event.

                    I think you have a typo in that waypoint, cause I copied and pasted that
                    one, and it's a puzzle cache in Germany...
                  • Edward Nelson
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011

                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 31, 2011
                        OOPS 2, that's what I get for not using my specs. GC2Q9HP.

                        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                        From: dukeofurl@...
                        Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:45:16 -0700