Re: [NUTS] NUTS event

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
      We had a lot of fun at the NUTS event tonight in Chico.  It was nice seeing such a good turn out.  Thanks to Rock & Crystal for hosting it.
      If anyone has pictures from tonights event please share them on the NUTS Facebook page.
      http://www.facebook.com/NUTSGeocaching

      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
        Facebook!  BAH!!!

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
          @ Thrak...was that BAH!!! in a good way?

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
            Curmudgeons don't do social networking sites............

            Never been to facebook, myspace, etc. Don't have a smartphone. Don't tweet or blog. Don't watch TV. I do go to the library frequently though.

            Yep, a troglodyte to be sure. ;-)

            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
              On 2/12/2011 10:58 PM, thrak@... wrote:
              > Curmudgeons don't do social networking sites............
              >
              > Never been to facebook, myspace, etc. Don't have a smartphone. Don't
              > tweet or blog. Don't watch TV. I do go to the library frequently though.

              And you call yourself an I.T. guy... :-)
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 13, 2011
                We have placed a cache in honor of Mr B in the Oroville Wildlife Area.  We would like to thank everyone at the NUTS event in Chico who added items to the cache.

                From: Anthony Guzzi <dukeofurl@...>
                To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 11:00 PM

                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 14, 2011
                  Hey there all you NUTS,

                  Just a reminder that there is another NUTS event (GC2N9YH) on Saturday February 26th at Clear Lake. (Hey, when it rains... it pours, right?) SmokeysRedheadHelper is hosting, and it is their farewell gathering before they head out on a huge adventure across the U.S. Check the listing for time and place. PLEASE log your intent and the number in your party ahead of time so they can prepare the establishment hosts. Lots of caches in the area, too. Hope to see y'all there, R&C

                  p.s. A huge thanks to Escapades for collecting the goodies and placing the MrB Memorial cache.

                • thrak@pacbell.net
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 15, 2011
                    Hey! I don't consider Facebook or Twitter to be IT related. After all, how is having 200 "friends" whom you've never even met an IT thing? :-D

                    On 2/12/2011 11:00 PM, Anthony Guzzi wrote:

                    On 2/12/2011 10:58 PM, thrak@... wrote:
                    > Curmudgeons don't do social networking sites............
                    >
                    > Never been to facebook, myspace, etc. Don't have a smartphone. Don't
                    > tweet or blog. Don't watch TV. I do go to the library frequently though.

                    And you call yourself an I.T. guy... :-)

                  • redhawk2853
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011
                      We'll be having our third annual (Another) Salute to State of Jefferson Cachers on April 9th from 11:30 am to ?? at Heaven on Earth Bakery just south of beautiful Azalea, Oregon on I-5, exit 86. Awesome food and lots of treats and free raffles.

                      Rock&Crystal
                    • redhawk2853
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011
                        Oops, waypoint is GC2Q9H8 for the Oregon event.
                      • Anthony Guzzi
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011
                          On 3/30/2011 7:51 PM, redhawk2853 wrote:
                          > Oops, waypoint is GC2Q9H8 for the Oregon event.

                          I think you have a typo in that waypoint, cause I copied and pasted that
                          one, and it's a puzzle cache in Germany...
                        • Edward Nelson
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011

                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 31, 2011
                              OOPS 2, that's what I get for not using my specs. GC2Q9HP.

                              To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                              From: dukeofurl@...
                              Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:45:16 -0700