Re: Free Laptop!

  • emsdawn21
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
      I spilled some water on my laptop a couple months back and was
      certain I was going to have to take it in. We have a guy at work we
      refer to as "Cpt. Technology"...he even said I would have to take it
      in. I was broke so I let it "dry out" (by removing keyboard) for a
      couple weeks and it works just fine now. No problems. Ed...I'll fwd
      you something my dad sent me about how to clean you keyboard. Maybe
      you won't have to get rid of it now. Happy holidays and happy
      caching to all! (And to all a good night)

      FireDawn

      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, <nelson143@s...> wrote:
      > Sound like one of those Spam emails, huh?
      >
      > Well...I do have a free laptop for the asking. The hitch is that a
      full glass of iced tea got spilled on it and it fizzled.
      > It's an older Compaq Armada laptop that I used at home as a 2nd
      computer on our wireless network. It worked great until it got wet.

      > I don't know if it can be fixed (I went ahead and bought a
      replacement laptop on eBay). Might be good for parts or just as a
      toy for someone to tinker on. Heck, it makes a good doorstop at the
      least!