Free Laptop!

  • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
      Sound like one of those Spam emails, huh?

      Well...I do have a free laptop for the asking. The hitch is that a full glass of iced tea got spilled on it and it fizzled.
      It's an older Compaq Armada laptop that I used at home as a 2nd computer on our wireless network. It worked great until it got wet.

      I don't know if it can be fixed (I went ahead and bought a replacement laptop on eBay). Might be good for parts or just as a toy for someone to tinker on. Heck, it makes a good doorstop at the least!

      I'm in Chico daily...contact me and I can drop it off just about anywhere.

      Ed

    • emsdawn21
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
        I spilled some water on my laptop a couple months back and was
        certain I was going to have to take it in. We have a guy at work we
        refer to as "Cpt. Technology"...he even said I would have to take it
        in. I was broke so I let it "dry out" (by removing keyboard) for a
        couple weeks and it works just fine now. No problems. Ed...I'll fwd
        you something my dad sent me about how to clean you keyboard. Maybe
        you won't have to get rid of it now. Happy holidays and happy
        caching to all! (And to all a good night)

        FireDawn