Fwd: Sonoma County Regional Parks geocaching guidelines

  • Alisandra Brewer
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2010
      Hey there everybody!

      Dictaham and clan have been in touch with SCRP regarding their proposed rules for geocaching. Below is the information they were sent. SCRP will be holding public meetings and I think it behooves all of us that love caching in this wonderful park system to get to these meetings.

      See you there!
      Alisandra

      Begin forwarded message:

      here are the dates & times I mentioned.

      -Wed  June 9th - 1 hour "lunchtime" meeting from 12:15 to 1:15
      -Thursday June 10th - 1 hour "afterwork" meeting from 5:30 to 6:30

      if we need to we can book a weekend day as well

      Agenda items will include

      -discussion of the draft Geocaching policy for SCRP & Geocaching in general.
      -gather additional input for a more refined policy.

      I'd love to get the word out on bringing Geocachers to these meetings so your thoughts on adding Geocaching community contacts to our list is much appreciated.
      We plan to send out our draft before the meetings so folks can come prepaired with their input.

      RSVP:
      Park Operations Intern Jen Stanfield
      call 707.565.2355 or email
      jstanfie@...

      Sonoma County Regional Parks Conference Room #212 (upstairs La Plaza Building A)
      2300 County Center Drive
      Santa Rosa CA 95403
      Off Steele Lane @ Hwy 101.

      Room capacity is 45.

      THANKS-

      -Brandon Bredo
      Supervising Park Ranger
      Sonoma County Regional Parks
      Central Operations Division
      bbredo@...
      565.1234 ext 99606
      789.9672 fax

      Alisandra & Bruce
      Siena, Jasmine & Bella
      Team Psychopuppy
      Santa Rosa, California

    • Jef Spencer
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2010
        If you need ammo as to how the caching community actually contributes to the park system please fell free to use the adoption of a mile of the American River Parkway by the Sacramento area cachers (RCGDS) as an example.  If needed I could provide you with a reference at the American River Parkway Foundation, she would put in a good word for our kind (Geocachers).

        Jef Spencer, SNSpencer@...

        Profile for SNSpencer
        Want to see what I can do? Check out my Etsy Account!!

        If you do not wish to receive any future DIRECT emails from Jef simply reply to this message to let me know.  This does not apply to mailserv lists that you may subscribe to.

        jstanfie@sonoma- county.org

        Sonoma County Regional Parks Conference Room #212 (upstairs La Plaza Building A)
        2300 County Center Drive
        Santa Rosa CA 95403
        Off Steele Lane @ Hwy 101.

        Room capacity is 45.