Re: [NUTS] Just a reminder... May 1st event

  • Michael Daugherty
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2010
      Would love to attend and catch up with you guys, but am fully booked for the weekend.  :(

      On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 4:09 PM, <redhawk2853@...> wrote:

      Hi there folk,

      Just a quick reminder regarding the NUTS event this Saturday a.m. at the newest town park on Pearson in Paradise. Potluck brunch. And if you got a camp chair ya might wanna grab it. Hope to see y'all there.

      R&C

    • thrak@pacbell.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2010
        There are quite a few of these "10 year" events. Geocaching has been around for 10 years and IT ROCKS!  I owe Bobolu a great debt for telling me about geocaching. I was an addicted online gamer (Dark Age of Camelot) and spent anywhere from 1.5 hours to 13+ hours EVERY DAY gaming online. It had sucked away my life. Bob mentioned geocaching at a block breakfast the end of July 2005. By August 8th I had purchased a GPS and found my first cache -- a Bobolu cache of course.  ;-)    I firmly believe that geocaching saved my sanity and improved my life. Yeah, I know it sounds dorky. Get over it.

        I'd like to attend the event in Redding on this day to experience what's being offered there. It sounds great. However, I'm going to be at THIS event in Paradise. This is where the folks I've met geocaching - who know and share some of the experiences I've had - will be. This is where the folks will be who remember others who have been important to me in my geocaching experience will be. Folks who remember the ones who have passed such as Jackrat and Tanky, and others who have merely moved away. Hope to see a bunch of folks there.

        If you've been to past N.U.T.S. breakfasts you can likely guess what I'm bringing to eat. Yep, 3 pounds of bacon. BACON is one of nature's greatest gifts!   :-P