Interest in Tour de Cure charity bike ride in Roseville? (May 1st)

  • Bryan Wright
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
      Not GC-related (unless an event is organized after the ride :-), but was
      wondering if there'd be much interest in participating in the Tour de Cure
      bicycle ride in Roseville on Saturday May 1st. It starts at the HP site
      first thing in the AM, and there are a number of different lengths
      (50k/31mi; 100k/62mi; and 161k/100mi).

      Riders are responsible for signing up ($25) and raising $150 or more in
      donations. There are rest stops with food/water, snacks, and support
      vehicles to help out if there are any needs that pop up during the ride. It
      looks like there's a nice lunch/party afterward as well!

      Take a look here for more info.

      http://tour.diabetes.org/site/TR/TourdeCure/TDC554048030?pg=entry&fr_id=6898

      If there's sufficient interest, I'll see about setting up a GC "themed" team
      just so we have a fun moniker...

      It looks like a good opportunity to challenge yourself for a good cause!
      And after riding this, you'll be in great shape for a future cache run along
      the river on the bike trail!!! (obligatory caching content) ;-)

      Bryan (The SKWERL)
    • Ben Ford
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
        There is also a 3 mile "Family Ride"  It's listed as a 10 mile, but I've been informed (from a committee member) it will only be 3.  I did the 10 mile ride in 2008, and it was a blast and the meal and party was top notch.
        Hope to see you there.

        Ben
        bigben78

        On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Bryan Wright <bryan@...> wrote:
[...]

      • Lindda Maeding
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2010
          Bryan,
          Sounds like a fun event.  I have strung together some paths in that area and find them interesting.   We are doing another similar event in Napa, Cycle for Sight, and I will see if my wife wants to do this one also.
          Marty
          Mr. boodlebuggy

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 18, 2010
            Forgive the non-caching related message on the list, but couldn't resist
            providing an update from the Nutty River City Riders... The TdC is coming
            up in about 2 weeks and our team is #9 on the fundraising honor roll at the
            event, with almost $2200 raised! Not bad for a group of five cachers (and
            their generous friends)!

            There's still time for you to sign up for the ride--as I mentioned before
            there are a lot of different distance (and elevation) options.

            http://tour.diabetes.org/site/TR/TourdeCure/TDC554048030?pg=entry&fr_id=6898

            And just as a caching-related reminder--after this ride hammering out some
            caches on the bike trail will be a piece of cake! :-)

            The SKWERL (bryan)