Re: [NUTS] Cache sizes

  • J Kaye
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010
      A lot of new caches (around Chico) are either of the nano or "flat" category.  Neither of which has an option to select for size.  On occasion the cache owner mentions these sizes in their description but that doesn't help with the filters.

      Urban caching......more about the hide, less about the swag.

      Also, I know several cachers that "say" they will add a size and hint after FTF is made.  But then they don't remember or take the time to go back and make the changes.  Kind of like the hider who says they are going to check on a cache with several DNFs in a row "in a few days".  Several months later the cache has not been checked on yet (my pet peeve).

      This is all my humble opinion......cache on!

      JK

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010
        As Jim said, urban caches often do not fall into a neat size category.  Some are  nanos, some are logs fastened to magnetic or velcroed signs, and others are nanos or micros inserted into a camo container of complex sizes and shapes -- where the container is an integral part of the hide, but the actual log container hasn't room for swag and pencils.  What keeps it interesting is finding new and unusual ways to hide a cache in and urban environment already saturated with film canisters!  Welcome back to caching, by the way!