Re: [NUTS] Re: Crabby Old Man Comment - moving back to neutral ground

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 14, 2009
      The NUTS group are very family oriented and what family doesn't have a disagreement once in a while. Even if the posts are not always smiley, there is always something in there that we can learn from. We haven't done much caching lately so I am now inspired to go find some of the newer caches out there (which is one of the great things about taking a break...suddenly, lots of caches within a short distance).

      By the way...if anyone is working on the "The Day Challenge" http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=5e86f46b-e9cf-4377-8152-64298fefd246 don't forget that you will need to find one on Earth Day - April 22.

      I appreciate any and all posts to this group page. Happy caching everyone!
      Gail (Escapades)

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 14, 2009
        I'm afraid I have to agree with Ken, although I don't feel the need to leave the group just yet.  As a new cacher who is now too nervous to start hiding caches, the only input I have to contribute to all is this...please stop beating that poor horse-it's very dead and starting to call flies.

        Escapades, this is the first I have heard of the 'day challenge'-  I'm assuming it's too late to start for this year, do you know if it is intending on being held on a continual basis?  I would love to know.

        I am looking forward to meeting everyone on the NUTS campout and hopefully chat about cheerier subjects!

        Paula (polywogpmv)

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 14, 2009
          I would really like to see more posts about upcoming events and challenges like when and where the NUTS camp out is and why isn't it posted on the calendar?

          Crickett (Sundae Drivers)

          To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 14, 2009
            Crickett I just updated the NUTS calender with two up coming NUTS events.  The first is a little road trip but should be really fun.   A Salute to Oregon Cachers
            An Event  cache by rock&crystal and Duck-n-Deedy       Event Date: 4/25/2009  GC1N6J1.  Rock & Crystal and us Escapades are heading up Friday afternoon and coming back on the Sunday.  We are hoping other NUTS will want to come along.
               The second NUTS event coming up is N.U.T.S. Camp Out (GC1MB5H)
            An Event  cache by PatNanz & Blucruz       Event Date: 5/8/2009.  It is a three day get together at the Sacramento River Discovery camp in Red Bluff.
            Both events will be lots of fun.  We hope to see you there.
               We would also like to hear about challenge style cache that cachers are having fun with.
            Mike
            Escapades

            To: nuts_@yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 14, 2009
              I agree with Crickett, I would also like to see more posts about upcoming events. I see the camp out mentioned a couple of times in people's responses but don't see it posted anywhere.

              I am new to this, haven't put out any hides, not really sure how to and Thrak's post didn't and won't deter me from it. Ed and Julie's post gave me some helpful information about coordinates. Thanks!

              Happy Caching!!

              Elizabeth

              --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Crickett Green <crickettgreen@...> wrote:

              > I would really like to see more posts about upcoming events and challenges like when and where the NUTS camp out is and why isn't it posted on the calendar?
              >
              > Crickett (Sundae Drivers)
              >
              > To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
              > From: pmvigus@...
              > Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:19:13 -0700
              > Subject: Re: [NUTS] Re: Crabby Old Man Comment - moving back to neutral ground

              > I'm afraid I have to agree with Ken, although I don't feel the need to leave the group just yet. As a new cacher who is now too nervous to start hiding caches, the only input I have to contribute to all is this...please stop beating that poor horse-it's very dead and starting to call flies.
              >
              > Escapades, this is the first I have heard of the 'day challenge'- I'm assuming it's too late to start for this year, do you know if it is intending on being held on a continual basis? I would love to know.
              >
              > I am looking forward to meeting everyone on the NUTS campout and hopefully chat about cheerier subjects!
              >
              > Paula (polywogpmv)

            • aurorag76
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 14, 2009
                Oops, I didn't see all of the posts and see that the camp out has been added to the calendar. :)