Re: FTF competition - Chico

  • Roamingbull
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2009
      I like the idea of a level playing field for an FTF. I came up with the Grate Race series and I hope to do one again soon. Quads FTF series put out a lot of really good caches. And there have been other caches that prompted great hides as well. Bluecruz cache of caches was really a superb idea that got a lot of well constructed hides in the field.

      I do have only one concern about requiring placement of caches as a result of a find.

      Cache saturation is a possibility. Not that a lot of new caches are not fun, but when folks get to putting out a bunch of hides as a requirement rather than a self initiated hide it can lead to a lot of carbon copy caches quickly placed and easily muggled. These tend to take away good locations that someone may have intended to use for a really well thought out cache. In areas like Chico, good areas are becoming harder to find as there are a lot out there.

      Don't get me wrong, it is a good idea. I just see this as one possible consideration.