Re: [NUTS] GSAK help...

  • lildevil@gpxspinner.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2004
      > Can I have it log on to
      > Geocaching.com and get everything I've found? Or do I have to mark
      > them all manually?

      GSAK gets all of its input from GPX files. You can run a Pocket Query to get only the
      caches you've found. It won't get the archived ones, however. You can download
      GPX files for those one by one on the cache pages. The GPX file *does* include
      data showing if you found the cache or not.

      Each PQ can only return up to 500 caches. If you found more than that, you can run
      multiple PQs and filter each by date hidden. One for caches hidden in 2004, one for
      2003, etc. Someone like me with almost 1700 finds has to group in 6 month periods
      to catch them all.

      Also note all of the above assumes you are a Premium Member. If you're not, well,
      maybe it's time to pony up. ;-)

      One last bit of trivia: PQs only return the last 5 logs on a cache. But they also return
      all of *your own* logs. So if you have a DNF, and a later FIND, then you would get 7
      logs returned on that cache (assuming your logs are not part of the most recent 5).

      More info than you probably needed.

      Lil Devil