Re: [NUTS] Need Ammo boxes

  • GARY KEMP
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2009
      Where are you located?

      --- On Fri, 1/30/09, Millicent Vanilli <surviveinthewild@...> wrote:
      From: Millicent Vanilli <surviveinthewild@...>
      Subject: [NUTS] Need Ammo boxes
      To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 30, 2009, 7:56 AM

      Hi Nuts,
      I was foolish and didn't stock up on ammo boxes at GWVI. Now I am out
      and I am going to have to pay shipping.

      By any chance, were there any left over from the event?

      Anyone have advice on where to get them now? The last time I split a
      shipment with MartianRabbit from South Carolina.

      Thanks,
      Huntnlady

    • blntigger
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, GARY KEMP <garykemp@...> wrote:

        > Where are you located?

        away too many to friends and now I am out also. I am in the
        Placerville area but can travel if someone has some for sale still.

        THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS
        Lora aka GeoTigger & BigDaddy757

        > Hi Nuts,
        >
        > I was foolish and didn't stock up on ammo boxes at GWVI. Now I am
        out

        > and I am going to have to pay shipping.
        >

        > By any chance, were there any left over from the event?
        >

        > Anyone have advice on where to get them now? The last time I split
        >
        > shipment with MartianRabbit from South Carolina.
        >

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Huntnlady

      • GARY KEMP
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
          Last time I bought them at Gates Resale in Chico, they were $4.95

          > I would also like to find out where to get more ammo cans as I gave
          away too many to friends and now I am out also. I am in the
          Placerville area but can travel if someone has some for sale still.

          THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS
          Lora aka GeoTigger & BigDaddy757

          > Hi Nuts,
          >
          > I was foolish and didn't stock up on ammo boxes at GWVI. Now I am
          out

          > and I am going to have to pay shipping.
          >

          > By any chance, were there any left over from the event?
          >

          > Anyone have advice on where to get them now? The last time I split
          >
          > shipment with MartianRabbit from South Carolina.
          >

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Huntnlady

        • Steve Smyth
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
            There is a military supply store in Oroville that carries ammo cans of all sizes.

            On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 9:41 AM, GARY KEMP <garykemp@...> wrote:

            Last time I bought them at Gates Resale in Chico, they were $4.95

            > I would also like to find out where to get more ammo cans as I gave
            away too many to friends and now I am out also. I am in the
            Placerville area but can travel if someone has some for sale still.

            THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS
            Lora aka GeoTigger & BigDaddy757

            > Hi Nuts,
            >
            > I was foolish and didn't stock up on ammo boxes at GWVI. Now I am
            out

            > and I am going to have to pay shipping.
            >

            > By any chance, were there any left over from the event?
            >

            > Anyone have advice on where to get them now? The last time I split
            >
            > shipment with MartianRabbit from South Carolina.
            >

            > Thanks,
            >
            > Huntnlady

          • TeamAlamo
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
              Message

            • thrak@pacbell.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                In the past I've bought them at Big Dog Surplus in Chico. When they have cans in stock they are a better price than Gate's Resale.

                On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 9:41 AM, GARY KEMP <garykemp@sbcglobal. net> wrote:
                Last time I bought them at Gates Resale in Chico, they were $4.95

                > I would also like to find out where to get more ammo cans as I gave
                away too many to friends and now I am out also. I am in the
                Placerville area but can travel if someone has some for sale still.

                THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS
                Lora aka GeoTigger & BigDaddy757

                > Hi Nuts,
                >
                > I was foolish and didn't stock up on ammo boxes at GWVI. Now I am
                out

                > and I am going to have to pay shipping.
                >

                > By any chance, were there any left over from the event?
                >

                > Anyone have advice on where to get them now? The last time I split
                >
                > shipment with MartianRabbit from South Carolina.
                >

                > Thanks,
                >
                > Huntnlady

              • Huntnlady
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
                  I'm in Napa, Chico and Oroville are a bit far to go just for ammo boxes

                  Deer laugh when they hear my name!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
                    --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Huntnlady <surviveinthewild@...> wrote:

                    > I'm in Napa, Chico and Oroville are a bit far to go just for ammo boxes

                    They aren't as cheap as some, but here are a few that can be bought
                    online and shipped, taking gasoline out of the equation.

                    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=425804

                    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=506871

                    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=143109